cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is my package stuck at "Departed USPS Origin Facility"

I bought a jacket on ebay and its been a week and the package is stuck at " Departed USPS Origin Facility " why is this? is it usps tracking? is my package lost? what can i do if its lost ? 

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

That's too long. Did you contact the seller - maybe they can check in with their local PO.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The only date you really need to be concerned with is the last estimated delivery date.  I give my packages another week after that date before I contact the seller. You also have 30 days after that date in which to open a claim with eBay (though I time mine out at 28 days).

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

OP, sometimes the USPS simply does not record the whereabouts of an item on the tracking record,  , even though they are supposed to. 

I have had experiences where no progress was noted for a week, then the item suddenly surfaces in the USPS hub nearest to you and it is delivered the next day.  That is probably what happened with your item.  So I woudl not worry if I were you.  . 

Once I sold something and it did not get delivered for 10 days or so -- and the buyer dinged my starseven  though tracking showed I mailed it the day after I was paid for it! 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

As a seller, I follow the tracking progress a couple of times per week of what I've shipped. If something seems to get hung, I want to know about it. I don't wait for the seller get upset and contact me. I know what's normal and what bears further watching. 

I think  beneficial for the seller to pay attention to possible shipping snags. Since we are responsible for the shipping methods we choose to offer - if we know somethings not normal why not contact the buyer and give them a heads up that you are aware of a possible delay and are on it?  Especially if it's due to arrive the next day outside date and stills shows last scan at sorting facility. To me it's worth it rather than try to go thru the hassle of dealing with ebay. 

This one I was worried about and posted about two days ago. I monitored the progress ready to be proactive in contacting the seller rather than readying my self to be defensive when they finally got tired of waiting and filed. Buyers like it when they know you're following thru with the shipping progress, keeps a INR angry knee jerk reaction from happening. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have discovered that if something appears to be stuck in a one place, that going online at USPS.com and tracking the item through them seems to help. First track it and then request email updates. That is on the right hand side of the screen. It is amazing how quickly things that have been stuck for awhile, magically reappear. Works like a charm.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

BUY A WATCH AND TELL ME THAT IS 11 DAYS IN "DEPARTES USPS REGIONAL ORIGIN FACILITY", SOMEONE CAN TELL ME WHAT? WILL SEND TO CHILE ?????

NUMER: LK203455766US

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@hawtttt wrote:

I bought a jacket on ebay and its been a week and the package is stuck at " Departed USPS Origin Facility " why is this? is it usps tracking? is my package lost? what can i do if its lost ? 

Thank you

There is something very wrong with the USPS computer system.  I have gone to a post office with two packages, watched as the clerk scanned them both and got was receipt with both on it and yet, when I check the tracking, one shows, scanned, and the other shows nothing until it arrives at the next location.

My local postmaster sells on eBay and he scans his own packages and the same thing happens to him.

I would recommend that you check with your local post office.  Often, when for some reason the postperson (I believe I made a new word) can't leave a package, it goes back to the post office.  I don't know how far it is from the seller to you or what type of shipping it was, but a jacket is heavy, and if it didn't go Priority, it can take 9 days or more.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply