Did you mean: 

why does my total funds have a $206.45

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Is this trick question? 
I don't know...maybe your buyers for those bracelets didn't pay?

Maybe you used promoted listings pay per click was set at a high percentage? 
Maybe your funds are on hold because you're a new seller? 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Oh, that's where I put that $206.45. Thank you for finding it! I thought I lost it. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@sonia2331 

Sellers fees, taxes, promotion fees if you used them...that's why.  New sellers will also have their funds held up to 30 days to insure that the transaction went smoothly and in the event of a return INR or NAD, the funds are there to refund the buyer.  

FYI Replicas are not allowed to be sold on eBay.  You're lucky that eBay didn't remove that listing.  I'd be careful selling high dollar items as a new seller.  eBay asks for receipts more and more these days due to all the stolen merchandise on this platform.  If you cannot provide the receipts, you won't see that money for a long time and you may have your account restricted as well.  Be careful. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thank so much for answering my question. this is my first time selling on ebay, I want to sell products I no longer use. because I am not good at English, I encountered many problems that I did not understand. I couldn't sell that item, I told the buyer to cancel it because ebay requires verification of authenticity before delivering to the buyer and I told her it was a replica bracelet but it was also real gold because I bought it at a jewelry store in my country and she understood and she told me if I could cancel it and re-list it for sale again without guarantee of authentic, I couldn't be sure and I said I probably wouldn't sell it. 
I canceled the item and refunded it from my account. And I was deducted from my account $225.77
And now on ebay total funds is $206.45
I don't know if that amount will be deducted or not
I feel sad and blame myself for not knowing anything and posting for sale.
I wanted to have money but then I was deducted too much money when I couldn't sell any items.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@sonia2331 

Thanks for your reply.  If the item is a replica no doubt it will not be authenticated & you would have had bigger problems.  Buyers cannot request to cancel, but since this was a questionable sale, it was probably a good idea that you did cancel. Don't sell anymore replicas because they are a big violation and lawsuits can prevail from selling them via the company.  My brother in law went to jail for selling fake Gucci's.  These big companies don't mess around. 

Should you ever had any concerns or questions, always feel free to come here.  Many people on this forum have been here from the start of eBay and are very knowledgeable.  Most are always happy to help.   Hang in there. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@sonia2331 

Just curious @sonia2331 

I noticed that the first listing (ended March 27) is listed as "replica Cartier" but the relisted item doesn't use "Cartier" in it. 

Are you aware of ebay's policy (and the law) regarding the sale of counterfeit items? 

I don't recommend selling it again anywhere. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thank you, I understand. Next time I post anything for sale I will research it carefully

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you so much, I understand. Next time I post anything for sale I will research it carefully

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for answering my question.

On March 27th I was sleeping when I woke up I received an email from ebay that someone bought my item and then that person canceled the order and asked for a refund. I just clicked refund then.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thank you so much,

I understand. Next time I post anything for sale I will research it carefully

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

It may be they deducted from you're bank account then the money pending will be transferred to said bank account?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Please let me know if I will encounter any problems if I do not sell that item. and I will have more experience for the future.

Thank you for explaining it to me

Message 13 of 13
latest reply