cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping zipcode input

Can someone help me figure out where I can find the shipping calculator that I can put into my listing that allows the potential buyer to input their zip code and determine their shipping cost automatically for my item.

~Bev
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

shipping zipcode input

The buyer doesn't have to do anything, it works completely automatically. You have never seen an eBay listing that requires the buyer to input their ZIP Code in order to figure their postage cost, unless you were not signed in, or had signed in using an account with a non-US Primary address.

As noted in the other post, the way to set up calculated postage in our listing depends on which listing form you're using. In the shipping section of the Advanced version of the listing form (also known as the business tool)  look for the drop-down menu that has "Flat: Same cost to all buyers" at the top, and choose "Calculated" instead.  

Regardless of which listing form you use, the way calculated shipping works is the same: You enter the package weight and dimensions, choose which service(s) to offer, and then the shipping calculator will automatically do the rest, showing the correct postage cost from our ZIP Code to that of any member who looks at your listing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

shipping zipcode input

You just use calculated shipping.  Read the following.

You have choices when choosing a shipping option.
https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/shipping-options.html?utm_source=site-map&utm_medium=o...

eBay evaluates your compliance with your stated Handling time by 1) Carrier Scan, 2) confirmed delivery by estimated delivery date, Or 3) buyer's response to item delivered on time.
Read this about our handling time:
https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/calculating-shipping-costs-and-handling-time.html#m22_...

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

shipping zipcode input

What listing tool

quick , mobile App or advanced 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

shipping zipcode input

Read this which applies to both listing quick and advanced.  On the listing you choose Calculated Shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options?id=4089&st=2&pos=3&query=S...

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

shipping zipcode input

I'm not sure of what you're asking. Maybe I can explain it better. When I'm buying, I've occasionally noticed that the seller has, under the shipping page, a place where the potential buyer can input their zip code to get their actual shipping costs for the item. Most sellers don't seem to have this option, and I thought it would be very helpful to put into my listings.

~Bev
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

shipping zipcode input

The buyer doesn't have to do anything, it works completely automatically. You have never seen an eBay listing that requires the buyer to input their ZIP Code in order to figure their postage cost, unless you were not signed in, or had signed in using an account with a non-US Primary address.

As noted in the other post, the way to set up calculated postage in our listing depends on which listing form you're using. In the shipping section of the Advanced version of the listing form (also known as the business tool)  look for the drop-down menu that has "Flat: Same cost to all buyers" at the top, and choose "Calculated" instead.  

Regardless of which listing form you use, the way calculated shipping works is the same: You enter the package weight and dimensions, choose which service(s) to offer, and then the shipping calculator will automatically do the rest, showing the correct postage cost from our ZIP Code to that of any member who looks at your listing.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

shipping zipcode input

@buttonnoseboutique wrote: ...  I've occasionally noticed that the seller has, under the shipping page, a place where the potential buyer can input their zip code to get their actual shipping costs for the item. Most sellers don't seem to have this option, and I thought it would be very helpful to put into my listings.

Your ZIP Code would   already be entered, if you are signed in using an account that has a Primary address in the US. The reason you don't see this for "most sellers" is because calculated shipping normally works completely automatically.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply