cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling

Hi!

Has this happened to anyone else? I sold a sterling ring to a buyer. I just shipped it out yesterday so there is no way they have it yet but they have taken my whole original listing and copied it word for word title description and used my photos to post a new listing of the ring.  I know that we sellers can't use watermarks anymore on our images but is this legal for another seller to do? I mean I put in all the hard work of writing up the title description and taking the images only to have another seller basically steal them? 

If anyone has any advice or any information on this type of issue can you please get back to me asap? 

Thanks

verstraete589

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

selling

Yeah they are lazy lazy flippers! What price do they have on it? Same as yours? Really nothing you can do about it, someday if they keep that up it will backfire on them!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

selling

Once they purchase it they are free to sell it and use the picture of the ring.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

selling

I have a regular customer who buys a item from me for $40 and re-sells them on amazon for $100.  He uses my pictures and text also. 

At $40 i'm already making a huge profit.  I don't sell on amazon.

Does it bother me?  Not at all.  I'm glad to make the sale. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

selling

They could use your pictures and description any way they want, even if they did not buy the item. I would be just glad it sold and have the cash for it. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

selling

You could always have some one buy it...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

selling

Hi!

No they have the price marked up by about $20. Here is the kicker though. They don't even have the ring in their possession yet. I just shipped it yesterday. I don't think that it is fair that eBay allows this to happen. I work hard every single day at researching my items, writing the titles, descriptions and getting the images just to have some one "steal" it all. Oh they are some pretty bold lazy flippers.  I just sold the item on Sunday night auction and they already have it up for resale today.  I hope someone buys it and she can't ship it out that will serve her right.  I am sorry but to me it is so wrong for any one to be able to get away with that. I hope one day she copies the wrong thing and it bites her in the butt.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply