cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller intentionally screwed me

My $1960.00 purchase was never shipped. After a longer than usual wait I was getting "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." so I kept trying every few days.  I finally figured out how to get EBAY involved and was told that seller is no longer with EBAY. EBAY did not tell me this until 3 days after them being able to help me. I could not contact the seller because of the "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." instead of HEY YOU MIGHT WANT TO PUT IN A CLAIM THIS SELLER IS SCREWING YOU! So EBAY is still able to contact the seller: they did, and the next day the seller posted they would ship item. They posted a stolen tracking # from the post office showing a one(1) pound letter was sent to someone in my town from the next town over from me. My seller is in California and I'm in NH. My order weighs in at around 150 pounds with the pallet it would ship on(125) bare. The post office does not deliver anything that heavy. So to sum it up EBAY was complacent with the seller and their policy by not helping me and letting a seller leave EBAY without notification to buyers with outstanding orders, and I am out $1960. Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

How did you pay? If you paid with a credit card dispute the purchase with the credit card co.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You are protected by ebay's MBG (money back guarantee).

If you don't receive the item, you will get a refund.

If the item is not what you ordered, you will get  refund.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

While cases like this don't show up often the do occur with scam sellers which don't usually last too long on eBay. Since the seller appears to no longer be on eBay the easiest path to take would be to file a chargeback with your CC company or bank as fab_finds4u suggested. While the seller may have left or no longer be a registered user they may still have the sellers funds on hold. Even if they don't eBay is the merchant of record and would have to cover this out of their own funds. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Perhaps it would be good to also add that, in those situations, the OP would have to take the appropriate steps per the MBG.  Being refunded isn't automatic without some action by the buyer, or am I in error here? 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You were the victim of the "fake tracking number scam," sorry to say.  On the other thread you started about this, you were given detailed information about this and about what to do now, with links to info and to contacts:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/yikes-I-got-screwed/td-p/33958451#M457992

And, as others pointed out on that thread and on this one, if you paid with PayPal or with a credit card, you can file a chargeback.

I think eBay is a bit complacent about this scam, but I do not believe it is complicit in it.

-

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You were the victim of the "fake tracking number scam," sorry to say.  On the other thread you started about this, you were given detailed information about this and about what to do now, with links to info and to contacts:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/yikes-I-got-screwed/td-p/33958451#M457992

And, as others pointed out on that thread and on this one, if you paid with PayPal or with a credit card, you can file a chargeback.

I think eBay is a bit complacent about this scam, but I do not believe it is complicit in it.

Based on a few other postings in this forum I agree with the "complacent" assessment. This situation is further complicated by the fact that apparently the seller may be NARU'ed. The item is also 150 pounds which means it probably shipped freight. A couple of nuances which is why I suggested the chargeback may be the better option/route for the OP to pursue. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply