cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

responding to messages

On my overview page it says I have messages from buyers that I need to respond to.  When I go to the listing, it shows NO messages or if I click on respond to questions....it says the message is over 90 days old or invalid.  The messages are all dated within a day of my reading them.  What is Ebay doing?   I would like to respond to my buyers questions, but I can't. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

responding to messages

Did you try to respond a second  time immediately after getting the 90 day old message? I've had some luck with that.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

responding to messages

It might be a glitch. I've had messages that were answered weeks ago yet it's still showing as having a question to answer. But when I click to read it, it's not there. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

responding to messages

But it also happens on new unanswered questions.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

responding to messages

But it also happens on new unanswered questions.

If the questions are not old, then perhaps they are invalid -- such as if the user is no longer registered.

If you can see the seller username, try viewing the user's profile. If the user is still registered, you may be able to compose a new message there.

Otherwise, you may be able to try a different link on a different seller page instead, in case the problem is with the link itself.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

responding to messages

I have had the same thing for the past month. Contacted support several times.  They claim they are aware of it.  eBay could care less about their continued site problems.  The only way you can answer is to go to the actual EMAIL that eBay generates also. You cannot answer within eBay. Such a shame that nobody cares anymore at eBay as their site doesn't even function properly. You would think with all the fees sellers pay at the very least eBay could have a fully functioning site. I personally have generated over $100,000 in fees to them over the past 20 years.  I believe over $3,000 in fees in just the past 90 days. They just don't care.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply