cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removal of an item

I had a storybook "Little Black Sambo removed because it was deemed to be an offensive item. There are 148 of the same book now on Ebay. Why was mine different?  Ridiculous.   What about Uncle Remus stories? This is American history and nothing offensive about Little Black Sambo. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

removal of an item

It doesn't matter that others are selling the book that was about a fictional Indian boy.  The bots flagged you, that is the end of your story trying to sell the book, and it is now time to move on.  Resistance to the social justice warrior movement is futile.  You have failed the purity test.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

removal of an item

Yours was reported, or the bot found it.

Do not relist. Do not try and get around the listing of it.

EBay site and their rules. I do not agree but it is not my site. Censorship is a bad way to go in the world but the new gen seem to think it is OK.

They will learn eventually.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

removal of an item

I researched the item first and when there were so many others I figured that meant it was Ok. Been selling on here for 20 + years and it just seems unfair. What's right for one should be same rule for all.   I'm over it. It can go on the river. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

removal of an item

@mlou1967 wrote:

I had a storybook "Little Black Sambo removed because it was deemed to be an offensive item. There are 148 of the same book now on Ebay. Why was mine different?  Ridiculous.   What about Uncle Remus stories? This is American history and nothing offensive about Little Black Sambo. 

In my experience, eBay's policy enforcement has never been accurate, timely, consistent or complete.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply