cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"End of Summer" promo offer problem.

So I accepted the "End of Summer" promotional deal today which offered 500 extra "free" listings, plus reduced final value fees in select categories.   Fine print says that they have to be new listings, not prior listings in your "unsolds".  I can live with that (but it seems like a kind of stupid restriction for a "clearence" promotion).  The problem is now when I try to re-list any of my unsolds in the select categories, eBay is charging me 10 cents per listing even though I have plenty of free listings left for my store??  They need to fix this, or can someone tell me how to un-accept this promotion once I have accepted it?  I called eBay today as soon as I discovered the problem, and the girl said she would look into it and get back to me.  Nothing yet, and I would like to re-list some unsold Summer items.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Could you please post a link to the promotion. I haven't seen the promotion so it's impossible to know what the problem might be.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Here is the link. http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2017/0811/FVF25ZIFHotItems.html

At this point I think I would just like to opt out of the promo.  Anyway to simply do that once you have accepted an offer?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

fwiw that promo TOS says nothing about them having to be NEW listings for them to qualify, just that they have to be created during the promo period.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Looks like eBay took care of the problem. I am now able to re-list my unsolds without being charged a listing fee. Sure wish we would get some straight forward promos offering additional free listings like we did in the past with no real restrictions.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply