cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment request

I listed an item to sell and the buyer wants me to send them a payment request.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

payment request

I can't seem to figure out how to send the buyer a payment request

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

payment request

If the buyer won the item then they just use the PAY NOW icon.

No reason to send a request.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

payment request

Can you request payment if the potential buy has not bought anything? 

I mean not through managed payments.

Why does the potential buyer want this?  

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

payment request

Don't. The buyer needs to press 'Buy It Now' and will be directed to checkout. No need to send a payment request.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

payment request

Yes @mtgraves7984 states it best, have buyer use the 'Buy It Now' button 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

payment request

@466.elizabeth 

Pay only thru the payment method that eBay features on the invoice.  Tell them to hit your buy it now button and it will take care of itself.  Any other payment method other than the ones eBay offers could be hazardous and cost you in the end.  Most likely a scam attempt.  Be careful.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

payment request

@466.elizabeth 

DON'T DO IT!  High end purses etc are scam magnets.  Tell them to buy it now....better yet, block them.  You don't need the grief.  They know you're a new seller so they're testing the waters.  Virtual thieves are everywhere.  Protect yourself.  

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

payment request

The label on your item says "Broome Street" but your title says "Brooke Street".

I'd revise and fix that.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

payment request

Its a scam, block them and wait for a real buyer.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

payment request

You aren't showing any sold items. Don't send a payment request, it's most likely a scam especially if they are asking for you to take the item off ebay. Don't give them your pp account name or any other info.

Any info they need to buy your item or pay for your item is right on their ebay page or the item page if they truly want to buy your items.

It smells like a scam, be careful. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

payment request

listed an item to sell and the buyer wants me to send them a payment request.

@466.elizabeth 

A "Payment Request" is a term used on PayPal.  There is no such thing in that terminology on eBay, and you should never send a PayPal invoice or Payment Request for an eBay sale no matter what excuse the buyer may have for needing one. 

Do not correspond with this person off the eBay message system.  Do not text, or email this person.  If they have requested that you do that, DO NOT REPLY and report the eBay message using the ACTION tab on the message itself. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

payment request

If they buy the item, it will clearly show how to pay for it. 

No payment request needed.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

payment request

As a new seller you should do two things.

NEVER USE AUCTION FORMAT.

Block anyone who sends you any sort of question that isn't along the lines of "how long is the strap". Honestly as a new seller, I would just suggest blocking everyone who sends you any message, people who message for any reason presale are far more likely to file a claim or make a return than those who don't, and you being a new seller with an item over $100 are a magnet for scam customers.

Scammers love tricking new sellers into sending them out expensive purses that they never paid for.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

payment request

You don't need to send a "payment request".  When they buy, they will see an invoice.  They can pay from there.  And if they do not pay in 96 hours, you open an unpaid item case.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply