cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

page views before item is live

Why are there x number of page views on my prelisted listing that is not live yet ?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

could be a clitch in the system ,sound like it ,ebay looks at listings any time they want an they say just before ,what it like 2 if so then one is you the other ebay ,or go back to imperfection of computers software etc
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

n or x? Usually 2 after indexing, ime. If you revise before indexing is complete, could be 3 or 4 I guess.

Does it say "x" right down the column for scheduled listings? If so, I'd take that to be a place holder.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@lode_star713 wrote:

Why are there x number of page views on my prelisted listing that is not live yet ?

I was wondering the same thing... I don't think we will find an answer!!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Does it actually say "x" as in the letter x? For a listing scheduled to start at some time in the future and so hasn't gone through indexing, and isn't waiting to be indexed? I would say that is a place holder, it could also be there to indicate that "# of views" is n/a right now, kind of a reminder the listing isn't live.

Are you talking about the "preview" page? 

If you see an actual number, for a listing that you've submitted, but hasn't been indexed yet, see my post above. after it has been indexed, it is visible to other users. If you revise a listing before it has been indexed, it can sometimes result in 1 or 2 more "bot" views.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hello, I prelist my listings to begin on Sunday at a certain time, when I go over my listings in my "scheduled" page I see many with page views already, some as high as 7, I took note of a certain listing a while back, and sure enough when the listing became "live", those page views were still there. So, is a "place holder" someone who has a preview of upcoming listings ? Thanks

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have a motorcycle schedule to start. It has been on my schedule 24 hours now and has already got 32 views, I looked at it once. 31 people from Ebay did not look at it?? I would like to know how to view scheduled items for my advantage too?? I do not think this is just a ebay glinch in the system.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@swapmeetman wrote:

I do not think this is just a ebay glitch in the system.

It isn't, although any hit on your listing record will count as a "view," even though it's obviously not viewable yet to anyone other than you. There are a number of possibilities for why the system is visiting your new listing, such as indexing, compiling notifications for anyone who follows you as a seller, notifications for anyone who was watching your previous listing (if you generated the new one as a Relisting or a Sell Similar from a previous one with watchers), notifications for anyone who has a stored search for which your listing will qualify, and perhaps any third-party tools that you yourself are using.

In short, any hit on the listing record gets counted, even if it's not immediately obvious where it came from or what it may represent.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I dont pay much attention to the views anyways, awhile back found that the total page view count was not working correctly as well as a few other things.. Never seen whats being explained above though never knew ebay took a liking to listings to view it multiple times..lol

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It is a new listing, not created from an old one. I use no "third party tools" If the listing is NOT listed yet, no one should be able to see it but me or Ebay. It is not listed yet... get it? If you have ever done this, you as the lister don't even get a notifaction from Ebay until the listing starts. People who watch me get it then also. People who watch for that item get it then too. The item doies not even exsist until it is listed. It is just sitting idle in my Ebay account. I could keep it there for months if I wanted, not listed, just filed.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply