cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no views and slower sales this past month

i've noticed that in the last 35 days my sales are down about 42%. I understand that the economy is still getting worse and prices are still slightly rising but in the last 35 days my sales and views are down huge! I sell auto parts and i would average 5-8 sales a day. currently i average maybe 1 a dayor best case 2 a day. i have been using all the advanced promotions that ebay offers and i have changed my return policy to free returns and all the other top rated seller + thresholds to get the top rated seller + badge.  feedback is at 98.9% + and i have been listing new items 30/35 days . so basically each day i list a new item.  i have noticed my views of my newer items have between 1-3 views in 10 + days . nothing has changed on the way i list items im usually the lowest priced with a markdown manager with free priority shipping. I called ebay and they said nothing is wrong with my account and they did a referesh on my account.... so basically has anyone else seen a dramatic slowdown in sales and views? if so what the heck is going on? i have items that many are selling same item higher priced with shipping costs and they sell where as my items are in some sort of limbo!  this is getting me very worried  

thanks

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Your luck might turn. With the auto strike many might be looking for auto parts.

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

I sell in a different category, haven't noticed any change in sales or views lately.  In the past, I've experienced dips if I the going promo rate in my category has trended up and I haven't updated it on my listings.  Also, I dread setting vacation mode - it seems to take weeks to recover from that well after I'm back.  If you've had to cancel an order recently, that will temporarily impact your listing rank as well.  Good luck and keep at it, your volume will come back.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Your stuffs a bit pricey.  BUT, that may help it be seen, and thus sell.  
As of now, being the cheapest gets you hidden.  SO, you can't undercut your way to sales anymore.
  You cannot promote you way to the top either. Everybody is trying to do that.  And everybody can't be there.

There's still a lot of pandemic competition also. But that'll end before long.

BUT, as to why you have been clicking along fine for months, then all of the sudden...zilch?
That's a timing thing.
If I list 100 items today.  I'll probably sell 5 of them in the 1st week.  20 the 2nd week. and a few more in the next few weeks.
And then, at the 90ish day mark?  I'll be shipping 10 more of that 100 in less than a week.

My advice.  List several items or at least something EVERY DAY.
Promote a % you can live with.
Send offers to watchers every day.
Get some sales going, and do whatever you can to keep them going.
If I sell 50 parts on a weekend, the week is going to be insane...if I do everything I can to keep it going.
If I sell 10 parts on a weekend, I'm in trouble the rest of week for sure.

The only things I've figured out for sure is:
In order to sell, you must sell.
To sell more, you must sell more.
To sell faster, you must sell faster. 

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps , Auto parts, like what the OP has listed.  Tend to not be tied to the economy like many items.  
Usually, the worse the economy is, the better used auto parts sell.
And it's not just things a person needs to keep their vehicle going.
The want stuff sells better too.
   I've never figured out why though.   I just know when things get tight, we stay busy.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

With the amount listed compared to amount sold you are doing very good. Keep up the good work. Do not expect more views or sales with just that many listings, especially since demand is not all that for car parts.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Your sales slump probably has something to do with all the eBay Motors ads they've been running on TV.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

it is 100% a ebay internal issue   traffic is down  views are down sales are down  called ebay and no help at all  unreal 

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

You appear to be in a niche market selling used parts for cars that are likely to be nearing retirement.

You had a good run this summer, but you may have picked all the easy fruit and the owners of the vehicles may be thinking of trading up to a new vehicle. I would not replace the dash on a vehicle which I was thinking of retiring.

And some projects do not get done in the fall.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

lol coming from someone who sells an item a day  lol haha

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

This will shock you but I do not wish to sell significantly more than I do, If I did I would do what it takes to do so.

You may be on your way to have results similar to mine, if you do not consider how you might be causing your problem by what you source. The more you can find of your items, the less likely it is that there is a market.

Every vehicle you part out is one less potential customer.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

@albanysales8259 wrote:

lol coming from someone who sells an item a day  lol haha

They make good sense, though.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

You called eBay and wanted to know why your views and sales are down, and they couldn't help you?  Well, that's shocking news.  You were probably one of about 8,000 people who called them that day with the same question.

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

He may only sell "an item a day," but you're the one whose sales "are down about 42%."

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

You need to reply to the any negative feedback you receive in a professional manner, calling your buyers scam artist will not build buyer's confidence.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply