cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative cash flow, EBAY please switch back , You Tried New Ideas And Failed !

Im losing money, Sell world wide and have no traffic since Febuary

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What do you want eBay to switch back?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You seem to have sold quite a few items in the month of May; however, I do understand that it may not be as many items as you'd like to sell.

How are you losing money, exactly?  And "switch back" to what?  What "new idea" do you see as a failure?  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@jamesp1965 

Tough financial times for so many people.  All over the world.  Essentials are the priorities of most people these days. Non-essentials are put on the back burner.  Hang in there...many others are experiencing slow times as well.  Best wishes for better days and sales. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Your sales are on par with many of us who sell collectibles and vintage items.  Yes, sales are down for many reasons but unconnected to Ebay itself.  If you are actually losing money then your business model is flawed.  I adjusted to these tough times by lowering my margins to focus more on cash flow rather than profits.  My margins allow me to still make a modest profit, but then again I am just trying to make lunch money and not trying to make a living.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You're selling collectibles at auction.  Most of your items that sell sold for the opening bid.

Get rid of the auction format.  Set a higher fixed price and add best offer.  You would be very surprised at how many people will pay the buy it now price, they won't make an offer, they just buy outright. 

That said, you, like I am, are selling items that people want, not items that people need.  A lot of people are not spending for wants right now.  You should expect sales to be down, especially when that tank of gas that cost $30 a couple of years ago now costs $75 ☹️

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@jamesp1965 wrote:

Im losing money, Sell world wide and have no traffic since Febuary

Not sure which change you are referring to? 

Sorry you are losing money - shipping changes/increases with USPS have hard on many Sellers.  The War in Ukraine has impacted worldwide sales in some regions and the US economy remains volatile, causing many Buyers to change their buying habits as they have less buying power due to inflation, gas pump sticker shock, grocery store sticker shock and durable good shortages/delays.

Wants vs needs - and the "needs" are winning....

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I've been doing fairly well this year *knock on wood* 

This week has slowed down substantially. But hey, what do I expect 🎼 schools out for the summer

Message 8 of 8
latest reply