cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need tech person to help with my images

1) - first, pls confirm that you see blank boxes rather than images here in the **BODY** (description part) of my listing...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202615734315?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

(i need more images than ebay allows so the images here are critical)

2) then - if you do not see them, why did my images suddenly disappear?  it's been in the past day only.  i can force a view, but the buyer will not spend the time doing that.  anyone know what happened and how to fix it?

if you see them, i need to know so i can figure out what is wrong on my end.

thanks!1

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Do you want to post this on the Tech Issues Board?  I'm not sure.  This is the Selling Board.  Hopefully someone can help you, there has been an intermittent issue with pictures, so this may be a glitch.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@c.b. 

I can see quite a few photos in the description area of your listing.  It did take a few seconds for all of them to load, but they are there.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@c.b. 

I can see quite a few photos in the description area of your listing.  It did take a few seconds for all of them to load, but they are there.

thank you so much for checking and getting back to me so soon!

i don't see any of them on any of my listings actually...and they don't display on my smartphone.  but, i am using mozilla on both.  i wonder if it's a browser compatibility issue?

what browser are you using?

pls try this one -- it's a much lower rez image...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202613345770?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

thanks!

if there is a problem, i will surely post it on the tech board.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Do you want to post this on the Tech Issues Board?  I'm not sure.  This is the Selling Board.  Hopefully someone can help you, there has been an intermittent issue with pictures, so this may be a glitch.

ahhh... that could be it.  i hate to claim it's an ebay tech issue if it's just something with my personal equipment.  so, i try to find out first if i am the only one who is having issues.  thank you!!

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

No worries~I just wasn't sure where you wanted to post this, so I posted what I did.

The site does seem to be a bit sluggish today.  I'm using Chrome.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I can see the pictures in both those listings. I am using a PC and Chrome.

The first one has so many pictures that it does take a long time to load. The only way to fix that would be fewer or lower resolution pictures. This one probably will not work on a phone or tablet because there is too much data to be downloaded. The app needs the descriptions to be simple.

eBay has implemented Product Pages which don't show the description at all in order to accommodate buyers using mobile devices.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@c.b. 

The second listing that your shared is showing 1 photo on the description area.  I am using Windows 10 with Chrome.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

On iPhone 7. I see all your pictures. It took about 10 seconds to load.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I could eventually see them if I wanted to wait around for them to load. They are very slow. I am using the latest Firefox, Windows 10 on a slow pathetic DSL connection.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

I could eventually see them if I wanted to wait around for them to load. They are very slow. I am using the latest Firefox, Windows 10 on a slow pathetic DSL connection.

even seeing them partially confirms they are there.  🙂  i only see blank boxes with no ability to 'view image' -- that option would normally be there.   yet, then why would my phone not see them either? this must be on my end, but it's weird that my phone doesn't see them.

thanks all!!  i will have to investigate this further.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

I can see the pictures in both those listings. I am using a PC and Chrome.

The first one has so many pictures that it does take a long time to load. The only way to fix that would be fewer or lower resolution pictures. This one probably will not work on a phone or tablet because there is too much data to be downloaded. The app needs the descriptions to be simple.

eBay has implemented Product Pages which don't show the description at all in order to accommodate buyers using mobile devices.

thank you.  but, just for the record, all those images were loading fine on both my pc and on my phone.  so, something has changed somewhere...obviously somewhere on my end.

thank you so much for your help.

thank you all!

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

okay - i *think* i found part of the problem.  when i get time, i will go over to the tech thread to ask questions there.  seems that the description is in a separate frame, and while it may have been earlier, it is displaying new characteristics (sometimes even displays a separate scroll bar).  so, they could be doing something that messes with the way my windows+browser combination interpret it.

i just figured out also that i have low memory on both phone and pc -- which would surely impact images. hehe

but, given you all have confirmed that it's ok for most people (other than loading so slowly), i am able to not worry about it affecting too many potential buyers.  thank you for being here 🙂

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@c.b. 

Best of luck with your listings.  I hope they all sell for you.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Win10 Pro desktop, Firefox browser, lovely 2.5 Mbps DSL(on a good day, going downhill with the wind at my back). I see all your pics, but it took five minutes 32 seconds for all of them to load. Smiley Frustrated

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 15 of 20
latest reply