cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in quarantine ebay is rampant with scammers

Image 4-23-20 at 9.58 PM.jpg

i have receipts and more messages of proof this is just one of my emails received

just be careful i would of never expected this to happen to me and now i have less than a hundred dollar to my name. these guys are professional scammers they act friendly and seemed almost like an elderly women in mannerism. anyone can be a victim

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You might want to request your post be removed, you have revealed your personal information to anyone and everyone.

I'm sorry to hear you got scammed, don't want to pile on but that message just screams scam right from the very first line which is neither an eBay or PayPal domain.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

NEVER add gift cards to a transaction! That's a sure sign of a thief trying to steal your money.

It's a tough lesson to learn that thieves can sound friendly and nice. Please take this experience to heart.

It's a part of the scam that the buyer wants YOU to buy those gift cards and share the card codes rather than buying the cards themselves.

There is no "verifying" gift cards by sharing the scratch off numbers - it's the THEFT of your money. Those numbers are all the thief needs to have to spend your cards' money. You can't stop them, you can't trace or recover the money they spend.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

So very very sorry this happened to you! This is a well known scam here in the forum. It's very sad that dishonest people prey on folk's trusting natures. I am afraid that scammers often target new sellers with high dollar listings, relying on the seller's inexperience to aid their thieving. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply