cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

global shipping program question..

Hi...could anyone tell me if they use the Global shipping program and how this works for them? Is this cost effective....come with tracking etc? thanks

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I would stay clear. I used it once and it caused me a night mare. It cost your customer alot more money and you a headache.

When you use global you send your item to Kentucky where they may open the package and repack it, and send it on it's way, maybe! 

Keep your own business in your own control! If your going to package it to send to Kentucky you may as well just send it to where it's going.

As far as tracking, your good until it leaves the U.S. After that it's hit and miss. When the package doesn't show your customer will be mad at you, not global.  Although they are responsible for your item you still need to jump through hoops to get it fix when things go south.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

odd I've had the exact opposite experience myself,but since OP is a clothes seller GSP won't generate much interest in your wares unless its vintage made in USA clothing then they'll be all over it,but the price points might make folks a little weak in the heart knowing that you might end up losing a $1000.00 jacket or pair of jeans....

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Last item that went GSP was a couple weeks ago 12 by 12 by 12 weight 8 pounds buyer paid $35.81 had it been shipped normal it would have been $70.10.....

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thanks...one additional question..if you ship internationally do you have to ship priority to receive the top rated plus badge?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I don't have a clue ebay badges don't do anything and don't put any money in my pocket so I don't pay attention to them...

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Just beware you are responsible for shipping charges (both ways) and any custom fees charged by the global shipping program should the buyer file a SNAD case. Buyers know this and will use it as leverage for a partial refund.... I found out the hard way in spite of having a shipping video and have since opted out.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

o

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I love Global Shipping. It's the only way I will ship internationally.

Though some buyers complain abnout the price, the fact is that Customs duties get paid before the packages ship, so the package doesn't get hit with customs fees and held up in customs. Many international buyers were refusing to p[ick up the packages from customs after they found out about the fees. With Global shipping, it's all paid ahead of time.

the tracking is excellent

If you package properly in the most economically sized box you can, you will not get repackaging.

Pack securely, but I pack that way for all my customers anyway so it is not a problem.

It is much easier for me to ship internationally now without all the headaches.

You need to remember to check off all you excluded country in your exclusion list on each listing, then there is a special box to check so global shipping can override those exclusions. Finding that was the hardest part about global shipping for me.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

But my choice for myself is not to ship very delicate or very heavy or expensive items with Global shipping.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply