cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay emails reporting a Sale are badly formatted & time-wasteful

Emails reporting a SOLD item are badly formatted:

1. SAME email is sent whether an auction item SOLD or SOLD & WAS PAID FOR; scrolling down to see which is required

2. SOME emails contain a thumbnail of the item on page 1; ALL emails reporting a sale, auction or store, should have the thumbnail to allow accurate & verifiable retrieval from storage

3. SOME emails, STORE or AUCTION truncate the item NUMBER and run it onto the second page; this wastes paper and slows down fulfillment

BEST FORMAT would be:

Page 1: Item NAME, item THUMBNAIL, item NUMBER, Buyer shipping address; anything else ebaY wants to tell us can go on page 2

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

BEST FORMAT would be: Don't rely on emails for notifications.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

NEVER rely on eBay emails for running sales. Always log into your account on a regular basis to check on things. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I haven't looked at an Ebay "you made a sale" message in almost two decades.  I just look at my Ebay dashboard for everything I need to know. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I don’t get sold eMails because I turned that function off in my account settings. 
Why… you maybe wondering? 
Because, I find sold emails and eMails in general from eBay to be unreliable.
What do is I frequently check my sold items and eBay messages in my Seller Hub.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

All well and good for low volume sellers. But we have 175,000 items in rotating ebaY Store inventory and use the printed-out email to gather items from storage.

We write our own item ID number on the SOLD ITEM sheet and head for storage. Without the ebaY ITEM NUMBER on the FIRST page of the email print-out, it takes two sheets printed or demands slower identification of our ID number.

And if a thumbnail would appear on the first page of the email, it would further streamline and make accurate retrieval.

Again, all I'm suggesting is that ebaY design the first page of the SOLD item email to be MOST helpful and not waste paper: Item number, buyer shipping info & thumbnail.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply