cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay backs the seller

most posts are sellers complaining about various ebay policies from feedback to scammers to payment....

rare do you see a positive mention

i'd be the first one to tell you i've had my share of ebay issues but when they step in they also deserve credit

years ago a buyer could leave you a negative or neutral & there was little you could do

buyer was ALWAYS right no matter the lie & yes that still happens

i have a ups claim for a lost item. sometimes tracking online is delayed & while the item may have been found & delivered the claim still appears active online. however the buyer leaves feedback the item was received & leaves a neutral alleging I shipped a similar but not the exact item pictured.

he either has me confused with  a seller shipping a item somewhat like mine or he's a liar.

i spent HOURS talking with ups between phone calls & messages trying to locate a package somewhere in the last facility shown ( also just 10 minutes from the buyers residence). I message the buyer throughout the process. he's agreeable & thankful.

to my knowledge based on what i see online, the package is still lost but as mentioned he said it arrived safely.

he then falsely accuses me of substituting the items pictured for another.

first there is no other it's a one off  & how about a THANK YOU for going above & beyond to locate the item.

I contacted ebay. asked for a removal. it's not the neutral or even a negative that bothers me. it's when it's unjustified if not a lie.

ebay reviewed the case & removed it in minutes.

years ago if a buyer said an item was not as described then blasted you

(if only because they could, & often in hopes of getting a full or partial refund)

there was little you could do to defend yourself or remove the accusation.

and yes, even when you KNOW the buyers not telling the truth feedback revision may be denied

but at the very least it feels good to have the platform better backing its sellers & not living

under the "buyers always right" umbrella.

come to think of it if you sold clothing that said " the buyers always right," & the buyer complained or left neutral or negative feedback would they be right?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

ebay backs the seller

most posts are sellers complaining about various ebay policies from feedback to scammers to payment....

rare do you see a positive mention

@buytodayshipnextday 

Yes... most of the posts do tend to lean toward the sideways transactions. Glad that this one went right for you!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

ebay backs the seller

A Definite Kodak moment!, But nothing to take a picture of, Hmm

Message 3 of 3
latest reply