cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay Reshipper Forwarding Co. Hijacking Listings to Their Site

I recently sold a watch, $400, to what turned out to be a US based Japanese Reshipper, Shop Airlines. I discovered they actually pull ebay listings and put them on their own website.  They obviously do this on a massive scale. In fact, the only way I can see them pulling this off is if they have some business arrangement with ebay to transfer listings onto their site.  Here is an example of one of my items...

http://www.sekaimon.com/us/156424/Personal%2C+Field+Gear/263502051833/

I have three other watches listed, same thing. So if you are a seller with collectibles, jewelry, etc your stuff is probably also on there. Without your knowledge. Even if you have your settings at no International Sales. Just plug in your auction number into their search bar to check. This company also does snipe bids at the last second, thus negating any opportunity to cancel out a bid. This company/buyer also had over 50 - 75 accounts listed according to one forum posting. The account used on mine was smallfamiliar2718.

Apparently they, or their account holders, do a lot of ebay buying, have excellent feedback, and also leave positive feedback for sellers.  But I've also read negative accounts on them on various internet sites. They claim they take responsibility for your item once it leaves their warehouse but some seller experiences dictate otherwise. They are very knowledgable on the ebay and PayPal refund systems.

I personally have no desire to deal with International Shipping.  I have all the ebay and PayPal blocks set. Yet the fact that ebay is allowing, or what seems to be colluding with this large scale buyer without my knowledge, behind my back, to facilitate foreign buyers really angers me.  It obviously opens up the Japanese market to ebay and of course more money in sold item fees. The seller be damned as to their selling preferences....i.e US sales only.

I can't effectively block them as they will just use another one of their numerous unknown accounts to purchase items. I can't cancel out their bids because they know to use last second sniping.  I realize they may have a good track record on feedback....but hey thats all you can leave....butits just something I don't want to deal with. 

I am extremely explicit on my listings about no International Sales, no Reshipper Forwarding.  Doesn't matter to these people. As I stated, many sellers have had a positive experience with them. But the fact that I am FORCED to deal with them doesn't cut it with me. What good are settings if they are worthless.

I canceled the transaction, they hadn't paid yet. I'll probably get a defect and maybe a neg FB but I coud care less.  I'll just wait a year for it to drop off. I'm a smalltime seller selling my own stuff and don't need this aggravation. 

Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Shop Airlines would be the buyer, they are located in California, you would be shipping to California.

It's no different than selling to any other US based buyer.

I've sold through them a few times, as long as you follow their instructions (reference number on the package) there are no issues.

For INR protection you ship top California with tracking like any other package.

If there was a not as decribed situation you would be dealing with a buyer in California just like any other buyer in California.

And yes they are doing this with the co-operation of eBay which does not have their own site in Japan but knows there are millions of potential buyers there with plenty of money to spend but a significant language barrier.

Japanese buyers are about the best you can get and have been long before eBay existed.

Message 2 of 96
latest reply

They don't copy and they are legit. Block and ignore if you don't want their sales.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 3 of 96
latest reply

I have sold many items to them over several years and have never had a problem.  Sorry to hear you unnecessarily blew off a $400 sale.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 4 of 96
latest reply

I've sold to them several times, they are willing to pay high prices for items which are popular in Japan, they always leave good feedback too. On one occasion one piece of several was damaged and they were very accommodating, accepting a pro-rated refund. I don't care if they list the item at a higher price in Japan, I ship to Japan anyway but with their bulk shipping they can offer a lower shipping cost to their buyers. Very nice,polite, and friendly people to deal with also.

Message 5 of 96
latest reply

I don't have any problems with foreign buyers.  And as I stated, this may be one of the better reshippers. Lots of sellers have dealt with them. I am very knowledgeable on how their sites work through past experience. 

And the fact that you are only responsible to their US address, wouldn't bet on it.  Any of their clients does a charge back on PayPal, you're toast as you have no idea who it was actually sent to..

The point I was trying to make is I  don't want to deal with my items leaving the US. My preference. And thisreshipper routine negates that.  I never read in ebays TOS about them allowing my listings on foreign sites. And thats exactly what it seems they are facilitating.

Message 6 of 96
latest reply

How do you block a buyer with 50+ accounts? That I don't even know about. They even state on their website they use multiple accounts. Thanks for the useless advice.

Message 7 of 96
latest reply

Let's see.

The company advertises your goods in Japan-- a market you don't touch.

They buy.

They pay. (Not their customers, the company.)

You ship to a US address.

How does this hurt your sales again?

Message 8 of 96
latest reply

@nederlander1

Sorry, but I just don't understand why you're so ticked off.  If you didn't know your items were appearing also on the Shop Airline site, then I kind of understand that.

But on the other hand,  instead of being so miffed, why don't you consider the fact that due to this "arrangement" your items are being exposed to an audience you would have never reached otherwise due to language issues meaning you have more potential to sell your items to interested buyers at no extra cost or effort on your part at all. 

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I don't see the problem.

Message 9 of 96
latest reply

Glad you posted this background @slippinjimmy as it jogged my memory.

I had a sale that went through these guys probably a year-and-a-half ago.  I was puzzled at first about who they were and how it all worked, but I had no isses at all with the transaction and received very nice feedback as well.

Message 10 of 96
latest reply

Question - if buyer in Japan files SNAD and is willing to pay shipping, does seller have to return his money?  What happens if he sends you back a rock?  Yes Japanese people tend to be very honorable, but

as long as paypal allows returns for SNAD once it leaves the reshipper, I00% agree if this seller only wants to deal with USA buyers.

Message 11 of 96
latest reply

I  don't want to deal with my items leaving the US. My preference.

Your item will end up whever the buyer decides.  Buyer preference.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 12 of 96
latest reply

It isn't a problem if you do international sales. I don't. Forget about the "its only going to a US address".  No, its leaving the country, going through customs, and put into another countries postal service. To me its just more risk added on.  I'm happy with US sales. In this country.  Just my preference thats being over rided.  I never agreed to have my listings opened to foreign markets on a foreign website. I'm glad its worked out for some. I just don't want it.

Message 13 of 96
latest reply

• What you are describing in the first paragraph is an affiliate marketing website. 
  • They do not buy any product that I have ever seen.
  • When a buyer clicks on one of there website listings it brings you back to the original listing here at eBay.  Try it for yourself.
  • When a potential buyer clicks on a listing from there website they get an affiliate commision from eBay.
  • All this does is give your eBay listing extra exposure that is free to you.
  • This kind of thing is often reported at the beginning of the year, and tends to fall away after a short time frame when the affiliate marketer ends the website due to costs, whihc is mostly accumulated from internet ads to get potential buyers to there website.

I think this is what you are reporting about?  If you do not want them to use your listing you can send them a cease and desist letter which has been effective in past years.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 14 of 96
latest reply

"Your item will end up where the buyer decides". Really? Like Somalia or Syria? Then what good are all the ebay, PayPal settings for?

Message 15 of 96
latest reply