cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay Glitch? Paypal email has been updated in few listing?

Hi everyone, 

Not sure if someone else has encountered the same issue, but it happened twice for me. Out of all my listings, few of my listing's Paypal email has been linked to an incorrect address (I didn't update the paypal email which eBay confirmed). The linked email is quite random, sometimes missing a letter from the correct email, or updated one/two letters in the email. 

It means I can see the sale in my eBay, but I don't see the transaction in Paypal.  eBay said they will investigate since my first report the issue in Oct, but still no news from them the cause of the issue. 

Today, it happened again in 3 of my listing. this is obviously very annoying. 

Does anyone experience the same issue and have any insight of it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@kids.toys.london wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Not sure if someone else has encountered the same issue, but it happened twice for me. Out of all my listings, few of my listing's Paypal email has been linked to an incorrect address (I didn't update the paypal email which eBay confirmed). The linked email is quite random, sometimes missing a letter from the correct email, or updated one/two letters in the email. 

It means I can see the sale in my eBay, but I don't see the transaction in Paypal.  eBay said they will investigate since my first report the issue in Oct, but still no news from them the cause of the issue. 

Today, it happened again in 3 of my listing. this is obviously very annoying. 

Does anyone experience the same issue and have any insight of it?

Thanks

since October?

if you i would be freaking out.

call ebay and PP back.

wonder if 1 has hacked into your account?

even if 1 letter different could still be a legit email address that 1 has created.

you better be proactive and look into this matter quick.

hope it is just a glitch.

but can tell you i wouldn't be posting here if it happened to me.

letoulousain
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have called eBay & Paypal, and I fixed the email address myself since I found it in Oct. 

But it happens again today, so I am starting worrying if the issue is long term problem and it may occur again in the near future. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@kids.toys.london wrote:

I have called eBay & Paypal, and I fixed the email address myself since I found it in Oct. 

But it happens again today, so I am starting worrying if the issue is long term problem and it may occur again in the near future. 

this is what i am talking about.

is 1 having access to your account?

better overreact than taking it too lightly.

first thing i would do is change my Passwords on ebay and paypal.

i would do that ASAP.

I would still call ebay and Paypal.

ask ebay is it possible 1 hacked into your account.

explain PP what is going on and ask if they have a way to know if this updated address is a legit address.

if it is it means your $ are being directed elsewhere.

letoulousain
Message 4 of 4
latest reply