cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay relisted an item I sold previously and then almost did it 2 more times!

I know this pops up so often. I sold an item before and *poof* I sold my item again. As result of this happening recently, I decided to inventory (and re-organize) my items. I fortunately caught a relisted item before it sold again. I sold the item on October 13 and the new listing popped up the 14th. 

Day 2 of my inventory mess, I go to relistd some items and there in my unsolds is another item I sold recently. I click into the listing and it shows the original end date and the buyer just like a normal sold listing but it is now showing up in my unsolds. In the actual listing the link to relist isn't there. If I did a mass relist, I could have overlooked it potentially creating a new sold but not really-cancellation situation for me. 

I know this is not a place to expect any interaction with eBay but they do pop up from time to time. Is there a way that has been communicated out on how to report defects or provide info to maybe provoke someone to think about looking into this issue? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I don't think you're alone- I heard the term "Ghost Listing" to describe this, and I have had at least a dozen this year.

I have had it happen mostly with items that I sold many months before (as opposed to yours that relisted the next day)

Depending on who you get when you call EBay they will either fix it right away or act like they've never heard of this happening before.

I'd love someone else to chime in also if they have any advice how to stop this from happening

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The duplicate listing scanner does no help as there is no duplicate listing at this point, only one, as the first item sold some time ago.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I had one sold yesterday and will be getting  defect for out of  stock. This helps Ebay in the long run because eventually it will be able to charge me higher fees.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thankfully I have been able to source dupe items as a replacement for my customers. Except 1. I explained what happened and profusely apologized but it still a stressful and **bleep** situation to be in.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply