cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay changed my return policy?

My seller account is Top Rated and accepts returns.  I've always accepted returns and didn't change my preferences.

I was reviewing an item after I listed it today,  and it said returns not accepted. I changed it back. Checked several other recent listings,  and they all said no returns. Older listings don't seem to be affected.

It takes a couple of clicks to change the return preferences, and I'm sure I didn't do it. Anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @lux.ra_14 

I use mainly Templates when I create my listings.   Proof is in the pudding in the screen shot below when I create a NEW Template ... default settings for Handling time and Return policy as noted.

I use 30 Day Free returns and 1 Day Handling so I have to make sure I change the Template settings before creating listings from it:

Screenshot (763).png

If you use the Sell Similar feature from another Seller's listing you will wind up with their settings, just keep that in mind as well.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

That might have to do with past drafts which you made and kept using same drafts over. Just a thought.

Can't actually see account which you sell on so hard to identify.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

To directly answer your question: no, I am not having that issue on any of my selling accounts.

But I just helped a buddy of mine with an issue like this a few weeks ago - we pinpointed the issue down to him using "sell one like this" from another seller's listing. That caused issues with the initial listing because shipping/returns were not checked by him before listing.

Then he used "sell similar" from that listing so it carried over the same wrong info to multiple listings.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Maybe something to do with past listings, but I have always accepted returns. I list on a desktop. You have to click to open preferences,  and click again to change your return policy. It would be difficult to do it by mistake, so it's a mystery to me.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Hi @lux.ra_14 

I use mainly Templates when I create my listings.   Proof is in the pudding in the screen shot below when I create a NEW Template ... default settings for Handling time and Return policy as noted.

I use 30 Day Free returns and 1 Day Handling so I have to make sure I change the Template settings before creating listings from it:

Screenshot (763).png

If you use the Sell Similar feature from another Seller's listing you will wind up with their settings, just keep that in mind as well.

Regards,
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

To directly answer your question: no, I am not having that issue on any of my selling accounts.

But I just helped a buddy of mine with an issue like this a few weeks ago - we pinpointed the issue down to him using "sell one like this" from another seller's listing. That caused issues with the initial listing because shipping/returns were not checked by him before listing.

Then he used "sell similar" from that listing so it carried over the same wrong info to multiple listings.

Another sound theory, but I never "sell one like this" from another seller's listing. The listing I first noticed it on was started from scratch on a fresh SYI page. 

The only somewhat similar issue I've had is when "require immediate payment" on BIN items occasionally gets unchecked and doesn't carry over.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hasn't happened to me, but I am immune to such ghost errors.

Every error I discover I chalk off to being my own fault.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I use the same draft over and over using new photos and a new description deleting the old one.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

You must be right that the default return setting was applied somehow, even though I don't use templates.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@lux.ra_14 wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

You must be right that the default return setting was applied somehow, even though I don't use templates.

@lux.ra_14 

Yes, and it could be a temporary glitch too when creating a listing from scratch.  When I create a single new listing not from a template it has my preferred settings all set up.  Why it doesn't do that on the Template flow is a mystery.

Regards,
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yes I had this issue yesterday also.  When I go into preferences to change it back I dont have any of the options to reselect it.  Only the options to select the automated returns. Have you been able to correct it?   Let me know how please! Thanks!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

The likely culprit is that you had your listing set up incorrectly from the start.  Sellers who assume that issues only arise from glitches have far more issues than those that understand that issues are the fault of the seller.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply