cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay blocking all my listings that have the word wipes in it.

So I just tried to relist a few packs of Preparation H Medicated Hemorrhoidal Wipes and boom I got the item susceptible to price gouging message and cannot be listed. Of course this is an item I have sold before and just sold 2 packs 3 days ago. This happens also if I try to list make-up remover wipes, feminine wipes or even shop towels. This is getting ridiculous, why? why? why? is this happening. However our loving Chinese Sellers are selling their cardboard toilet papers, paper towel and outrageously expensive masks. It seems everyday I am blocked from selling something else, although it is at or below MSRP with reasonable shipping and not restricted for Sale on eBay. I really do not know how much longer I can put up with this. When is eBay going to realize that the only people they are hurting are honest Sellers and buyers. The price gougers just open a new account and relist the item after eBay takes it down. Come on, some-one at eBay need to get some common sense
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Obviously your listings are being confused with cleaning/sanitizing wipes which are temporarily banned on ebay. They're not out to get you. It's a simple mistake. 

Contact ebay or wait until the pandemic is over. 

Good luck to you and stay safe!

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The whole entire ban this and ban  that  here  on e bay has become so entirely absurd  ite beyond irrational . Just because we don't agree with all  these draconien methods  it  doesn't mean we won't abide by them but   then just move to another selling site  whose policies make more sense. Tulips 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

i know, it's an oversight on their part.  but  don't expect normal intellect to run ebay nowadays.

try listing in a different category. and put a space between the word wipe and the s. Like, Wipe s.

There are tons of other types of wipes as well. so, they are doing a major disservice. maybe they should just  allow people to report price gouging on Buy it Now.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Well eBay needs to do better, this pandemic will be going on for a long time even after the country re-opens. eBay's blocking of any listings at this time is futile, I just paid $10 for a small can of Lysol spray in Walgreens, $8 for a small pack of gloves, $1.99 for a single disposable mask at CVS and $8 for 5 disposable gloves at my local supermarket. Markup 500% to 3000% in stores!!!!. eBay is contributing to the shortages, thus contributing to the price increases. I cant just hold on to certain items, they do have an expiration date
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Very true, thank God I have been able to sell my items on other sites. I just don't want eBay to become obsolete because that is where I usually make most of my sales. USUALLY is the key word here. if people stop relying on eBay as a site where you can get almost anything then we sellers are going to be in trouble very soon. eBay is blocking themselves out of the eCommerce business
Message 6 of 6
latest reply