cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Fee on sales tax amount ??

eBay fees and charges are so unfair. They charge 13.25% fee on total amount that includes item price+tax+shipping cost. eBay already collect the tax money from buyer in full. Seller never receive the tax amount from buyer, but eBay somehow manage to deduct 13.25% fee on it from seller. First they deduct tax money then they deduct fee on it. Like I am paying fees on amount which I never receive. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If the fee on the total payment is so unfair why  did you agree to the fee when you joined?

True, you don't get the sales tax or handle the tax money but eBay  does and they make sure all of the buyer's payment goes into the right pockets, and they don't  do it for free.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes, it is a hot mess and I don't care much for it, either. But...sell on eBay or sell elsewhere?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Please read the ebay fees BEFORE deciding to sell not after. You are more than welcome to sell elsewhere. It's like if a buyer complains about how expensive an item was AFTER delivery, when there were other sellers selling the same thing at cheaper prices. 

This has nothing to do with remitting tax. Ebay wants $13.25 out of every $100 that a buyer pays. How should ebay calculate this? 

Option A: 13.25% on item price + shipping + tax? 

Option B: 14-15% on item price + shipping? 

Option C: 16-18% on just item price alone?  

Option D Go Halfsies. Seller Pay 7% fees Buyer pays an additional 7% Service charge. Instead of $100 total buyer pays $107

Due to varying shipping costs and tax rates, most sellers would actually pay more in fees with options B and C. Option D would just really upset buyers.

I choose option A until a better site comes around lower fees and faster sell rate comes around. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Wow! We haven’t had a new post on this topic in a while. Oh my gosh, I was starting to wonder what the heck was going on. I was thinking of starting a new post myself.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply