cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop in sales and views

I dont understand what is happening,  I am down 42%  on sales, page views etc. etc.  I can barely make ends meet these last few weeks.  I dont' know what do do.

I know the economy isn't great but there has to be a reason for the sudden drop.  

Anyone else seeing it?  Is it ebay?  why arent my items getting seen?????

Thanks for your input

Message 1 of 99
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

drop in sales and views

Housing market is perking along here - I think people just move around.

I was just thinking this evening how I used to shop on eBay all the time, back in the day. Now I rarely do - why? There is so much competition, so much choice, and in the last few years, particularly since the pandemic was wiping out almost entire families where I live, I began to question if I really need "stuff" - I'll bet I'm not alone.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 99
latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

drop in sales and views

@jsna-76 

Sorry for your situation.  Many sellers are struggling right now with even higher percentages.  Hopefully with the holidays in season, we will see a little financial relief.  Keep the faith and God bless us everyone.

Happy Selling.

Message 2 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

Unless your traffic is reading double zero's, your items are getting seen, they just aren't selling. That could mean that your items are not desirable, take a very long time to sell(slow sell thru rate), priced to high or to low, can be found elsewhere for cheaper etc...

Focus on getting better, quicker selling items in your store that sell for a good price.

I have not seen a decline in sales since I had really really bad items in my store. That was about 2 years ago, since then sales go up every year.

Message 3 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

Actually, for the first time, I have noticed a ton of house foreclosures in and around other small towns/cities near me. I'm talking about small rural cities. I have lived in the area for over 60 years and have never noticed so many at the same time. Even a neighbor down the small road I live on got booted recently. He had built a new $500k+ house with a pool just two years ago with his family. It's sitting empty and showing on Sunday. Just what I have been noticing.

Message 4 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

Maybe people are just buying for Xmas and not used items. Just a thought.

Message 5 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

Hi, be careful. You have too much negative feedback. That is hurting your views.

Message 6 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

@greatmidwestcoin wrote:

Actually, for the first time, I have noticed a ton of house foreclosures in and around other small towns/cities near me. I'm talking about small rural cities. I have lived in the area for over 60 years and have never noticed so many at the same time. Even a neighbor down the small road I live on got booted recently. He had built a new $500k+ house with a pool just two years ago with his family. It's sitting empty and showing on Sunday. Just what I have been noticing.

I think you explained the reason for your neighbor's foreclosure in your post.

Message 7 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

FWIW, you mainly have linens... not something on many wish lists, I suppose. Hoping it'll pick up in January. 🙌

Message 8 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

Well its 3 things.

1. Ebay problems

2. Economy problems

3. What you sell

3 is what you can control. 100 items for sale is not a lot.  Use up all the item slots available to whatever seller level you are on.  You are kind of narrow on what you sell, mostly clothing and certain home goods.  Diversify into some other categories of items that a) you like and b) have high sell through rates.

Message 9 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

@jsna-76 wrote:

I dont understand what is happening,  I am down 42%  on sales, page views etc. etc.  I can barely make ends meet these last few weeks.  I dont' know what do do.

I know the economy isn't great but there has to be a reason for the sudden drop.  

Anyone else seeing it?  Is it ebay?  why arent my items getting seen?????

Thanks for your input

An inherent problem with posts like this is that sellers who are showing an increase in sales (yes, they do exist) are reluctant to respond because it could sound like bragging, and/or salt in an open wound.

So, essentially, posts like this reinforce the perception that everyone is struggling. Yes, some sellers are having problems, but not all of them. 

A lucky mix of in demand products might be one explanation, a larger inventory which generates a larger total number of views to the seller's store thereby increasing the likelihood that something will sell, and a confidence building higher feedback percentage which in turn reduces the anticipation of ultimate disappointment. It may be tacky to say it during dire times but those are things the individual sellers are capable of addressing on their own. The fault is not in the stars.

Message 10 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

He had built a new $500k+ house with a pool just two years ago

That happened a lot in the 1970s, when mortgage rates suddenly soared as governments tried to get inflation under control.

Your neighbour may have worked out that they could afford the house at 1.5% interest and then learned they would be refinancing at 6%.

When we bought our first house at one point we were paying 20% interest. Fortunately we had bought less house than we could "afford"  and were paying off the balance as fast as we could. (No car, no vacations, rented out part of the house, and managed to pay off the house in ten years.)

Message 11 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

There are SO many of this carbon copy thread, and so many ask "Anyone else?". Why not just scroll down the front page before starting yet another one?

Yes, views and sales go up and down for most of us. I happen to be surging now because I am currently offering new stuff. The old stuff sits and waits. It'll come. Meanwhile, list more new stuff...

Message 12 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

On that bikini, instead of "See Size Guide" in the title -- You have one. It is a Size 2. And you can put the measurements in the Description.

See Size Guide would be useful if you had a dozen different suits.

Message 13 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

Housing market is perking along here - I think people just move around.

I was just thinking this evening how I used to shop on eBay all the time, back in the day. Now I rarely do - why? There is so much competition, so much choice, and in the last few years, particularly since the pandemic was wiping out almost entire families where I live, I began to question if I really need "stuff" - I'll bet I'm not alone.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 99
latest reply

drop in sales and views

I think most people are having the same problem. I ended all my 500 plus listings about 2 hours ago. Relisted all of them, and had 3 good sales within 30 minutes. I do believe that our items get buried and are not seen. 

I have done this periodically and it does make a difference. 

Message 15 of 99
latest reply