cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer never got item.... petty theft

help, recently i have had a few per week saying that item was not received, i offer free postage and obtain receipt and proof of postage. yet ebay still refund them anyway and  no backup for the sellers and we know they more than likely have had this item.. ebay make it hard if you offer free postage at our expense or take a per centage of mail if we ask for posting charges. either way ebay do not have our back and i am very peed off as i am constantly arguing and fighting my corner, if they do not buck up ideas ..i am off to shpock....

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Proof of delivery with online tracking is needed to win INR.  Raise your prices to include the cost.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Are you using tracking numbers and printing the label on ebay or manually loading the number into the system.  

A tracking number is your only proof that a buyer received the item.

When tracking shows delivery if a buyer opens a claim reply with the tracking number AND if you want "I am sorry tracking shows delivery.  Check with neighbors and postman to see if the package was delivered to the wrong house, or the package my have been stolen after delivery"  

Then the case is closed.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You have to upload the tracking numbers. That is your seller protection against these types of cases.

Have you read this yet:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/selling-basics.html

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@cysco1 wrote:

help, recently i have had a few per week saying that item was not received, i offer free postage and obtain receipt and proof of postage. yet ebay still refund them anyway and  no backup for the sellers and we know they more than likely have had this item.. ebay make it hard if you offer free postage at our expense or take a per centage of mail if we ask for posting charges. either way ebay do not have our back and i am very peed off as i am constantly arguing and fighting my corner, if they do not buck up ideas ..i am off to shpock....

How can eBay have your back when you can't prove that the item was delivered? Proving it was mailed means nothing. You have to have tracking show it was delivered to have eBay back you up. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@cysco1 wrote:

How do you know more than likely that the buyers have anything? Accusing people of petty theft without proof isn't right.

Get tracking on your packages and you will win every time the number says delivered, no matter what the buyer says. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

help, recently i have had a few per week saying that item was not received

You're having that many because you're not using tracking and the buyers know that's a big win for them on ebay.

As others have said, you're going to have to pay for tracking.  

I have a few claim INR, maybe 1-2, per year.

Does anyone know if there is some double secret probation amount of INR's before ebay gets ***bleepy*** with the seller?

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

That's a good question for Weds. I think I've had one INR and that was through Paypal almost 6 months after the item was sold - TG I keep my receipts for 6 months as I uploaded the tracking - called and got it closed in my favor - pronto.

OP - you're hedging your bet that the buyer receives your item - and you lost on this one. The Royal Mail according to some previous employees online has the highest percentage of lost mail. Time to buy tracking or raise your prices a couple of cents to absorb the cost.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

i offer free postage and obtain receipt and proof of postage yet ebay still refund them anyway

Unless you are obtaining the tracking information that eBay requires, you are just making things difficult for yourself. 

ebay make it hard if you offer free postage at our expense or take a per centage of mail if we ask for posting charges

If the total amount you are charging your buyer does not result in a profit, that is because you chose the wrong price. You are the one who is making it hard, not eBay. 

ebay do not have our back and i am very peed off

eBay will have your back in Item Not Received cases if you obtain tracking and provide it to eBay properly. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

We were getting items lost in mail & never received complaints - a couple a day atleast - switched to make everthing have tracking - even our smallest of items.  Hardly any complaints after that.  It's worth it having the tracking.  Drawback is shipping will go up for you so maybe having the free shipping or upping the cost of your item may be something you might want to change to handle that cost

Message 10 of 10
latest reply