cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer left positive, but wrote neg comments meant for someone else. Can't ask for revision. HELP

I received a message from a buyer saying that he left me the wrong feedback, meant for someone else.  He had left me a positive, but then left a very negative message.  So he asked me to send him a feedback revision because of his mistake.

So I looked here to find out how to do this and found a nice link.   But when I clicked on it, it said that none of my items were eligible for feedback revision.  Help!    Why would this be, and how can I get him to change the feedback?

Time is very important because I have about 100 items up for auction now and they're all ending in a couple of days, and this weird positive/negative is at the very top of my feedback.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

buyer left positive, but wrote neg comments meant for someone else. Can't ask for revision. HELP

Just ask the buyer to follow-up

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Positive feedback does not qualify for revision. Only neutral, negative will show in those eligible for revision.

Not sure if the buyer could contact eBay to get it revised.

eBay will not change it on your request, as the buyer could have meant to do a red donut. (we know that is not so, but we are talking about eBay logic here)

Buyer could follow-up on the feedback.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There is nothing to revise since it was a green donut.  The buyer can leave follow up comment

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Do I have to respond to the feedback first, or should I/ can I just message him to change it?  This is a new occurrence for me, clearly.   Thanks for answering so quickly.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Just ask the buyer to follow-up

"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

If you can connect with a good customer service rep, and if the buyer admitted their mistake in a message sent through ebay, they will change it.

This has happened to us several times and we did get it removed. BUT, as an anchor store, we get top quality customer service. Not sure if the rep you get will be able to do it.

What you can do is follow up the feedback explaining what happened and THEN ASK YOUR BUYER TO WRITE ANOTHER FOLLOW UP ON THE FEEDBACK AGREEING WITH YOU.

Or, don't worry about it. It will get buried soon enough.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

OK, since I've never myself ever had to, or wanted to, change feedback I've left , I didn't know how to do this.

So I looked at my own "Feedback left for Others," which I never have occasion to do, and see the 'Follow Up' button there.  Obviously this buyer doesn't know about it either, so I tried to direct him to it.   Thanks again for your quick response.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

On a positive note no one will even notice the feedback after enough time.  Maybe it is just me, but I rarely look at the positive feedback when buying 😁

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Whatever you do take it slow and don't lose sleep over it.  Experienced buyer will know it is a mistake.  I'm pretty sure it is against ebay rules to leave negative comments on a positive donut.  This will work itself out if you phrase it that way.  I also think we can respond to feedback.  Maybe that is only for negative donuts?   

I checked my feedback and there is a reply button for all my positive feedbacks from buyers so you might be able to add a note saying the buyer made an honest mistake and is a great customer.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I wouldn't worry about it ... but if it bothers you that much, contact ebay.  The right customer service rep will remove it.  It's obviously a mistake, even the buyers admits it. 

Good luck and stay safe!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 10 of 10
latest reply