cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

again and again

another guy today bidding all day, wins, 2 minutes later tries to cancel. he gets to open another account and do it all over again. i don't. ebay has no problem taking their money out of my account. start taking the money out giving it rightfully to the seller and i keep the item for my trouble. that'll stop the nonsense. 

hail to the buyer!

hose the seller!

thank you

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

again and again

How frustrating and annoying!  

Unfortunately some sport bid or don't make up their mind before bidding or buying.  I know that doesn't help you, wish this hadn't happened to you.

Put the id on your Blocked Bidder List in case he decides to do it again, and hopefully your future sales will make up for this.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

again and again

finally, somebody that understands a rant and not try to tell me how to run business, so for that i thank you! 5 days for the auction, 6 for the unpaid, and 5 more for the next auction only to hope that person pays. maddening!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

again and again

Ebay stopped telling buyers a long time ago that they must pay for the items they won. To me that's sad.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

again and again

i spent a couple years getting excited when bids went high. i know longer care til payment made.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

again and again

@whoohooohyeahdavid wrote:

finally, somebody that understands a rant and not try to tell me how to run business, so for that i thank you! 5 days for the auction, 6 for the unpaid, and 5 more for the next auction only to hope that person pays. maddening!

Thank YOU for your post, and you're welcome!  Everybody needs a good rant now and then, you included!  It's frustrating to have someone bid all day and then cancel after they win!  Not everyone acts responsibly, and you have been left holding the bag after they bail.  I wish this didn't happen to you, or to anyone for that matter.  

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

again and again

Heck there is no need for the buyer to open another account to do it all over again.  They can use the same account.  Ebay won't stop them.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

again and again

It happens and it's happened to me as well !! But sometimes there are ( Tells ) if it might be happening to you and sometimes not!! A ( Tell ) are little things that tell you something fishy might going on !! If you have ever played poker you have heard the term. And it's true !! I watch my bid items like a hawk !! I don't list many so it's easy for me to do !! And if it bidder smells fishy to me I take care of the smell !! I won't go into any further details but there are people that get their kicks out of playing silly little games. Just deal with those situations when they arise and don't worry about them !! Just remember to use Your Blocked Buyers List as Needed !! Good Luck

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

again and again

Since eBay has neglected the auction part of their site for such a long time the non-payers have ruined the concept of what an "auction" is plus now that eBay introduced the GTC change eBay is trying to "move" the one of a kind sellers to use auctions its a train wreck.

Good luck to all the SMALL sellers out there!

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

again and again

Your selling toys" maybe your dealing with children?
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

again and again

another guy today bidding all day, wins, 2 minutes later tries to cancel.

A buyer cannot "cancel" unless you agree.  I know what people say...."better to cancel when a buyer requests..etc." but maybe it is time to rethink this?    If they pay, then want to cancel, it is going to start costing the seller money as well.  

Maybe, in this case, the UPI would be the way to go?   

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

again and again

Although I thank you very much for your post, I can't take credit where it isn't due so I  must confess that I have often posted to someone with your problem that they can list fixed price, IPR and remove the no paying issue.  Yes, I know that some items are better suited for auction but no pays is the drawback of auctions as you know.  It's just the trade off that is made when you decide to use the auction format~you give up knowing that you will paid.  Still, that is your choice but the majority of listings are fixed price, IPR, and that is one of the reasons why~no pays.  It would have been more constructive if I had mentioned fixed price, IPR, IMO, but if my post was helpful to you, that is all I hope for, and I'm glad you were pleased.  

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

again and again

i'm tellin ya, i'm on a real roll. 2 more unpaids tonight and a 'i thought i'd have enough money' winner. oh and his account date is today. see through much? they really do get a kick out of it!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

again and again

i'm tellin ya, i'm on a real roll. 2 more unpaids tonight and a 'i thought i'd have enough money' winner. oh and his account date is today. see through much? they really do get a kick out of it!

Oh, NO!  The one that thought he might have enough money might be fishing to see if you will give him a discount.  

This is NOT a good kind of roll to be on.  I hope you get off it soon!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply