cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details

Been buying and selling for years. Sold three items over the last week and a half. Within a few days payouts where sent to my bank account on file, the same and only one I've used for payouts for years. 

I sold an item tonight and all of a sudden I get a big red banner message on top of the page saying "Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please update by Sep 27, 2023 to avoid further restrictions." along with a message in my ebay inbox...

I click on the link in the message to verify and it tells me to pick my bank and log-in via ebay. I do so and it says "Invalid credentials, please try again". For the record the info is not wrong. I go to my banks webpage and log-in no problem. Go back and try to log-in via ebay and again, "Invalid credentials, please try again", lol. What to do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try using the microdeposit verification option instead of the log in to your bank option. Some users have reported success with that @deda0804.jj7cp2wrv .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Try using the microdeposit verification option instead of the log in to your bank option. Some users have reported success with that @deda0804.jj7cp2wrv .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'll try that, thank you. So strange how out of nowhere all of a sudden your bank account needs "updating", when there is nothing to update about it, lol.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It happened again! Everything was back to normal after ebay made micro-deposits to confirm my account, the same account that's been on record with ebay for years. Here we are less than a month later and I get the same message from, ebay:

"Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details"

Message 4 of 4
latest reply