cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yep, even I am starting to like Seller Hub

I say even me , 'cause I'm one of the old **bleeps** that's been around since FDR was President.

Anyway, first off I hit the Customise button and eliminated (unchecked) all but 6 categories, leaving only these on the screen:  Orders, Listings, Feedback, Shortcuts, Promotional Offers, and Account Summary.  You might want something else but these are all I expect to use with any regularity and it really helps to unclutter the screen.  One can always go back to Customize to add modules back. Now I'm getting the hang of it and it's gonna be alright.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

That's good news! I, too, have been on here since '06 and am semi-resistant to change 😉 I popped over to try out the Seller Hub when it first rolled out, decided I wasn't really prepared for change and switched back.  LOL  It did have some good features, just not enough to warrant wanting to reconfigure my mind to locate things at the time!

I still have Selling Manager, and will hang on until they force me off.  But it is good to know that an oldie can survive and adapt 🙂 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

I say even me , 'cause I'm one of the old **bleeps** that's been around since FDR was President.

Anyway, first off I hit the Customise button and eliminated (unchecked) all but 6 categories, leaving only these on the screen:  Orders, Listings, Feedback, Shortcuts, Promotional Offers, and Account Summary.  You might want something else but these are all I expect to use with any regularity and it really helps to unclutter the screen.  One can always go back to Customize to add modules back. Now I'm getting the hang of it and it's gonna be alright.

That's really good! Seriously!

It would seem, from today's Weakly Chat, that the seller hub is 'the thing' and all anybody is going to get - well, unless you are a VERY small seller and don't exceed an undisclosed number of sales, but the way it was phrased, it may well be that the Myebay page will be a thing of the past when they go to the 'cloud' and get 'all of the great' updates they have planned rolled out.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yay!  Now I'm not the only one who likes the Hub!

Welcome to the Dark Side.  stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

One of the most interesting nuggets I gleaned from today's chat was the oft repeated statement that the Seller Hub will be mandatory for "Business sellers" and...

"Business sellers are determined by their registration status or a specific number of sales. Seller Hub is also for sellers who have a store or were previously using Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro. Consumer sellers would be those who have smaller sales, not registered as a business, or not subscribed to a store, selling manager, or selling manager pro."

"Consumer" sellers are, apparently,  going to be allowed to continue to use My eBay. 

It would have been nice to have a definition of "smaller sales".

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@zzydny wrote:

I was starting to think it was you and me against me the world re: SH! Smiley Happy

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

@zzydny wrote:

I was starting to think it was you and me against me the world re: SH! Smiley Happy

Now we just have to take over the rest of the universe.  wink

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@zzydny wrote:

@klassic*kids wrote:

@zzydny wrote:

I've been liking it since beta testing started almost two years ago grin

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@zzydny wrote:

@klassic*kids wrote:

@zzydny wrote:

I've been using it since beta too,  Forget exactly how long but definitely longer than a year.  I found the learning curve very minimal.  Spent a couple hours hitting all the links to learn where it took me and customized my landing page.  I love it and have since the very beginning.  It's a far better interface!

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

@zzydny wrote:

@klassic*kids wrote:

@zzydny wrote:

I've been using it since beta too,  Forget exactly how long but definitely longer than a year.  I found the learning curve very minimal.  Spent a couple hours hitting all the links to learn where it took me and customized my landing page.  I love it and have since the very beginning.  It's a far better interface!

October, if I recall properly, makes two years for me.  It took me a couple of weeks to get really comfortable because it takes me longer than most people to learn new stuff but the basics seemed fairly clear from day one and I've never thought of turning back.  I figured that if the Hub was the next thing coming, I wanted to be in there early.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

@zzydny wrote:

@klassic*kids wrote:

@zzydny wrote:

Same here.  I switched to it out of curiosity and never went back.  Took me maybe 30 minutes to get it customized to my liking and then I was good to go.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply