cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will deleting a listing adversely impact me in any way ?

Hello,

I have two identical listings except for the currency; I would like to delete one of them, more specifically the one having the most views and watchers. it does not have much reviews but it does have most of the feedback. Any downsides if i deleted it ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@cata-ro2014   There is no downside to deleting the duplicate listing.  You actually would be protecting yourself from being reported.  You are violating eBay policy by listing the same item multiple times. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Great..!! Very informative.

Thanks..!!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@sam-martstore wrote:

Hi,

May I know, whether we can place identical listings in both USA & UK eBay sites (with same title, specifications and Description).  Is that a eBay policy violation?

Thanks..!!

@sam-martstore 

As long as the listings on the other sites do not offer shipping to the same countries.  For example if you list an item on the USA site and offer shipping to the UK then that would not be allowed if you also listed on the UK site.  

When you offer shipping to other countries then your items automatically appear on the other countries sites.  

In my opinion the only advantage of listing on a different site is if you wanted to list in another language, for example, list on the German eBay site in German.  

Keep in mind that the fees that you pay and the rules for listing do vary a bit between sites.  You are charged fees by the site that you list on.  

• Multiple fixed price listings for identical generic or universal items, such as AA batteries for example, are not allowed. Separate listings can be created for the same item on different eBay sites, as long as the international shipping options don't result in the listings cluttering the search results of any individual site
  • Up to 5 separate fixed price listings for identical items designed to fit multiple devices are allowed, when each listing is differentiated by spelling out the brand or model the item fits
  • eBay bulk listing can be used when there is many of the same item for sale
  • You can have more than one auction-style listing for identical items if you follow the guidelines above, but only one duplicate auction-style listing without bids will be visible to buyers at a time. Once the first listing receives a bid or ends, the next listing will appear on the site

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/duplicate-listings-policy?id=4255&st=12&pos=1&qu...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have created duplicate listings, and what I did one time was go in and modify the wrong one with a different listing.  

For example if I listed one with RED SHOES as the listing title, etc I would revise it make a revised listing with perhaps BLUE SHOES  Of course you would have to have two different items to sell, if this makes sense?

You would have to change most everything in your listing, but if you are concerned about getting "demerits" for deleting a listing, this could be an option.  

I do not think this is prohibited.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply