cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the seller balance ever unavailable? Why do invoices take so long to come out?

Furthermore, why does the eBay system go down for hours once a week?  This site should always have up to date information accessible at all times.  Invoices should come out on the first, not a week later.  The site should never go down, especially not every week.  When other major sites go down or don't have up to date accurate information, they make international news on every wire.  Have you seen the the movie about the founding of Facebook?  Zuckerberg tells Eduardo that "We don't go down ever."  When Facebook goes down, it's front page above the fold news.  You know what else gets that placement and coverage?  National emergencies.  Wars.  The death of Elvis.  Etc.  Get it?  Most businesses love billing and do so as soon and as frequently as they possibly can.   It has something to do with the fact that billing someone usually means that they are actually going to pay money to the company.  Not paying seems to have these weird negative consequences like bad marks on credit reports.  How does eBay benefit by delaying everything?  Not only do they delay the invoice, they delay debiting the seller's PayPal by several weeks.  Here being especially slow and unprofessional is just the status quo.  Notice customer care always wants you to "hold for three minutes," which actually means hold so long that you figure they forgot about you and you just go ahead and hang up.  This outrageous nonsense is totally unacceptable and needs to stop immediately.  A massive and modern company like this should not be run like a one-node BBS running freeware software off a floppy disc with a dial-up modem on a Commodore 64.  Might as well use ANSI graphics while you're at it.  No, then eBay will bombard you with notices to better meet picture standards.  eBay seems stuck in another century.  Join us in the now!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Why is the seller balance ever unavailable? Why do invoices take so long to come out?

The invoice on my account with 1st of the month billing are always available within 48 hours, the ones that have a 15th billing date are the same. Keep in mind that eBay are issuing about 25 MILLION sellers invoices each month.

eBay has site maintenance on Thursday evenings (every week), it's been this way for about 10 years. Prior to that time the ENTIRE site went dead for 2 - 3 hours on Thursday evening. During maintenance certain functions are not available, this is necessary for hardware and software upgrades.

Site maintenance is a necessary evil that you will find on just about every active website especially ones processing millions of transactions every day.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Invoices are every 30 days. The site has not been down for years with the exception of site maintenance. Every site does that though. Check your computer as something is wrong. Maybe do some updates ?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hello, @ivorywire559

Ebay doesn't "go down for hours once a week" they have maintenance every thursday. Just like the other answers say. My invoice is every 30 days too...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

How did you dig up this one post necrothread?

dk just sit back and think about why it popped up. Do a little researching....

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

wrote:

Face Slap!

I found it on the top of page two and missed the old date.

I will voluntarily spend the next hour in purgatory.....(a full week next time I make this mistake).

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

Face Slap!

I found it on the top of page two and missed the old date.

I will voluntarily spend the next hour in purgatory.....(a full week next time I make this mistake).

I really don’t understand why they keep moving OLD threads around & sticking them at the top of the forum. I missed the date on this too, thought it was a new thread.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 8
latest reply