cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is a bidder in the UK unable to place a bid on my item?

A bidder has tried to place a bid on my item - 116123230223 - but was unable to and received a message saying 'Unfortunately, this item cannot be sent to the United Kingdom' even though I have it set for International Shipping. Does anyone know what's going on? Also I would like to somehow have the item listed for Free Shipping Worldwide.

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Some items can't be shipped to the UK, as it says in the message.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Many toys to the UK are restricted through eIS (eBay International Shipping) because of CE requirements @greengoldmoth .

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

Items that are shipped to buyers in the UK need to comply with all applicable UK laws and regulations. We have put measures in place to prevent US items that may not comply with UK regulations, such as CE Certification and/or Plugs and Sockets Regulations, from being sold to buyers in the UK.

The only way to offer "free shipping worldwide" is to opt out of eBay International Shipping and ship direct. That can get complicated with all the new laws and regs, not to mention expensive to use a tracked, reliable service worldwide and bake that into your item price so you can offer "free" shipping. You'd have to grossly overcharge domestic buyers, or take the loss and pay out of pocket to ship internationally.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Understood.

Thank you very much indeed

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It's also not helped by the way a lot of MIC goods (especially toys) have a VERY similar CE mark (China Export) which isn't the same thing as the UK & EU is looking for.

Coincidence? Or design?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Many toys to the UK are restricted through eIS (eBay International Shipping) because of CE requirements @greengoldmoth .

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

Items that are shipped to buyers in the UK need to comply with all applicable UK laws and regulations. We have put measures in place to prevent US items that may not comply with UK regulations, such as CE Certification and/or Plugs and Sockets Regulations, from being sold to buyers in the UK.

The only way to offer "free shipping worldwide" is to opt out of eBay International Shipping and ship direct. That can get complicated with all the new laws and regs, not to mention expensive to use a tracked, reliable service worldwide and bake that into your item price so you can offer "free" shipping. You'd have to grossly overcharge domestic buyers, or take the loss and pay out of pocket to ship internationally.

You don't have to opt out of EIS but you do have to offer other shipping options for items that cannot be shipped through EIS. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

As others noted you are using EIS and do not have any other options set for international shipping. The UK has a lot of laws in place about what can be imported into the country and the EIS program has put filters in place and those items are not eligible to be shipped to the UK via EIS. 

Following is what I see for the item you referenced as far as shipping to the UK. You can specify your own direct shipment method to the UK but you are on the hook to make sure you are in compliance with all the import laws. You are also responsible for the customs forms. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1712093781216.png

dbfolks166mt_1-1712093810894.png

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@greengoldmoth 

What ever you are selling may not be able to be exported to the UK.  What is it they're trying to bid on? 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@greengoldmoth 

What ever you are selling may not be able to be exported to the UK.  What is it they're trying to bid on? 

See my response that is the item. OP only has two active items. One is a book and there are no issues with EIS and that one. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply