cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I turn off the "unpaid item" process?

I had some staggered auctions, one set being finalized last weekend and the other set being finalized tomorrow.

One of the people who had won my auctions, reached out to me saying "hey, for convenience' sake, can you hold the stuff until next week (tomorrow) and send me an invoice all at once? I'm currently the high bidder on some of your auctions ending this upcoming weekend" (they are); "and it would seem to make sense."

I SPECIFICALLY went into my seller console and turned off the Unpaid Item assistant on, I assumed, any and all of my auctions.

Today I found out from a message via Buyer (the winning bidder), that eBay was indeed harassing them to pay, even though I had agreed that they could delay the payments of last week's auction to the end of this week and pay in bulk. I agreed to send an invoice for the item he had won the prior week which was listed in my Sold console; and to waive the shipping thereon.

Well, lo and behold, eBay sends me a message about an hour later, telling me that they cancelled (!) a different one of my prior weekend's sales to this person. This person had the highest bid fair and square; but this item was not listed in my Sold console at the time I sent him the invoice for the item that was - because eBay canceled the sale. 

TL, DR; after I canceled the Unpaid Item followup/nag option in my account for one person, in order to give them extra time to pay for 2 weeks' worth of my posted auctions; eBay took it upon themselves to nag my customer. When I went to fix this, I found that eBay had hidden/concealed one of the items the customer had won from my Sold items console; and thus I sent the customer an invoice representing necessary payment for only half of what the customer had won. 

eBay has made me look like a rank (expletive deleted) amateur to this buyer.  How do I fix it and avoid the buyer giving me bad feedback? I'd give me bad feedback, were I the buyer.  Also, how do I invoice them in trustworthy manner for the second sale, the one eBay canceled?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@felicialou 

Ok..

The question becomes, what do you feel comfortable doing now as the seller?

Do you want to sell to this buyer? Or would you rather keep the items cancelled?

If you want to sell to him, you can create a Buy It Now listing for all the items and send that so he can pay & you can ship.

If however, you feel uncomfortable selling to the buyer, you can leave it as is.

I'm not sure why the items got cancelled if you had your preferences set to NOT auto cancel in 4 days. 

Phone reps are usually not very knowledgeable but this one is correct that buyer will have to fix any issues with their account on their end.

If you just want to be able to sell the items to this person, the easiest way would be to create the BIN listing and be done with it.  

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@felicialou 

Did you set it up in your preferences?

You can also exclude buyers from the auto cancel.

https://www.ebay.com/Cancel/Preference/UnpaidPurchase 

You might double check, just to be sure.. 

You set this up correctly and eBay canceled them anyway?  Yikes..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yup, that's where I fixed it... followed your link above, and the slider bar was grayed out/in the "off" position already.

Yikes, indeed.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@pikabo-icu OK, now I REALLY need help... nobody on eBay SM so far has had any type of straight non-evasive answer for me, and basically told me that Buyer had to contact them about his own ish.

Buyer says he has been trying, and has probably topped 24 DMs to me in the eBay interface in the past 24 hours. Says that even with my giving him the item numbers, eBay "has no idea what he is talking about", and "can't I just fix it for him? they did it to him, they must be able to undo it..."

I've followed all the online hints for talking to a human via ebay... I have no options to call a human. I only have received generic nonsense from the help files. I spent about 4 hours on @AskEbay over at Twitter (largely because the custies drop out of the conversation for 25-45 minutes at a time, presumably to multitask other people's answers); and see above outcome - they told me it's up to Buyer to complain about Buyer's own account. I feel I've bent over backwards to help this buyer (because, after all, I did assure him that I would make the emendation to delay payment), and no one else cares.  At this point I wish I'd never tried to accommodate them, and I certainly wouldn't make the same mistake again!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@felicialou 

Ok..

Do you want to sell to this buyer? Or would you rather keep the items cancelled?

If you want to sell to him, you can create a Buy It Now listing for all the items and send that so he can pay & you can ship.

If however, you feel uncomfortable selling to the buyer, you can leave it as is.

I'm not sure why the items got cancelled if you had your preferences set to NOT auto cancel in 4 days. 

Phone reps are usually not very knowledgeable but this one is correct that buyer will have to fix any issues with their account on their end.

If you just want to be able to sell the items to this person, the easiest way would be to create the BIN listing and be done with it.  

~Pika~

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

@felicialou 

Ok..

I have always done the UPI's manually, so not sure how all that works out, but possibly the OP could not apply that setting after the listing had already sold.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I have always done the UPI's manually, so not sure how all that works out, but possibly the OP could not apply that setting after the listing had already sold.

@buyselljack2016 

This is possible..

I think OP thought she had the UPI tuned off- but I didn't ask if it was prior to the ending of these auctions..

She has it set properly now so if it messes up again, in the future, then there is an issue. 

~Pika~

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

That's eminently possible, and I had that thought as well... unfortunately, see earlier comment about how 95% of the help files and hints have broken URLs thanks to eBay's frequent changes in interface, so could not confirm (I had other things to talk about with the CS reps, ahahahaha...!).

Message 8 of 8
latest reply