cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting requests for total invoices on immediate pay listings.

I have an immediate pay listing. It has variations. It has calculated First Class shipping that gives quantity discounts. This used to work fine. People would buy 1 or more items and the shipping would discount and they would be required to pay right away. Now I am getting invoice requests for the same listing at quantity and it is not providing the combined shipping and I have to change that and give the invoice. Then of course they never pay because buyers never pay unless they are forced to right away. So how is this even possible? How are people even able to request a total for an immediate pay listing??

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Maybe the eBay gremlins have un-checked the immediate payment requirement. So the first thing you should do is check the listing's payment tab.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I went in to revise listing and everything is still set up correctly. I tried test purchases (without actually paying) from another account and it brought up the correct amount and would not let me request invoice because it was set to immediate pay. Everything seems fine as far as I can tell

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Is there a glitch when you try to post as I've seen many of your messages blank like this? If you go to reply to a thread and then decide not to - if you cancel than nothing will appear on the thread. Hope that helps!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I am not seeing IPR on your lego sticker and can request an invoice if I add 2 to my cart , The buyers think your charging per piece so that's why they are requesting a combined rate, they aren't looking at the $2.76 for just the one in cart

1 item $2.76
lego cart 2.JPG

2 items it is charging $2.76 and letting me request a total as it isn't showing IPR to me on this listing. 
Your buyers may not even know this is discounted at $1.38  & 1.38 so that is why they are requesting a total.
But what I am confused about is with the cart if your running a  sale or offer shipping discount the request total should be grayed out 

lego cart.JPG

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

OK so it is broken. Lovely. It worked last week just fine. I guess ebay broke something. There is nothing else I can do on my end, I have it set up correctly.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Because adding items to the cart overrides the IPR and allows buyers to request a total?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Is that the way it is supposed to work or are we describing bugs as features now?

I mean, there isn't a lot of ambiguity to the term "Immediate Pay"

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It's hard to say as (like a lot of stuff here) sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't LOL
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply