cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do?

I have a fun one.

I have an item listed. So far I have received 9 emails from a zero feedback buyer wanted me to give them a discount and free shipping on an item. Works out to about 30% discount. The usual. Needs it this weekend, will break her kids heart not to get it... blah blah blah. Only have $20 and don't have a job.... will I sell for that? 

I declined after the first email, explained after the 5th email what they were asking I would not do.

I feel uncomfortable with this person and blocked them. Now I am getting emails saying they are trying to buy but can't.....

i want  to pull the item due to my comfort level with this person but due to the amount of emails... do you think eBay's going to think I am doing an off eBay deal?

I remember a similar user name from 8 or so years ago doing the same thing.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

What would you do?

I wouldn't do anything .

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

I would have  stopped replying to this person's emails after the first sob story.

I guess you are afraid she will just make up another account to scam you on and I can see your point.

If it were me, I would cancel the listing.  Then this person will hopefully stop bothering you and go annoy someone else.

Since there have been no exchange of email addresses, or prices mentioned or anything incriminating, I do not feel ebay will think you sold to her off line.  

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

@emerald40 wrote:

I would have  stopped replying to this person's emails after the first sob story.

Agreed.  I would have said "I'm sorry, but the price is firm.  If you'd like it, you're free to go ahead and buy it for the current price."  If they continued to pester me, I would have blocked them after probably the third email.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

@sam9876 wrote:

I wouldn't do anything .

Yes Sam I know what you would do.  Normally I would agree with that but I am pretty sure I am dealing with either a scammer or a dealer. 

You know when you get that gut feeling? Well all the flags are flying on this one.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 5 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

@emerald40 wrote:

I guess you are afraid she will just make up another account to scam you on and I can see your point.

If it were me, I would cancel the listing.  Then this person will hopefully stop bothering you and go annoy someone else.

Since there have been no exchange of email addresses, or prices mentioned or anything incriminating, I do not feel ebay will think you sold to her off line.  

i answered twice. Am not engaging that more than that.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 6 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

Oh joy. They made another account and bought it.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 7 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

You know what they say~go with your gut.

If your spidey senses are tingling, and there are red flags all over the place, then do what you have to, to protect  yourself.

Be proactive!

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

Oh, NO, so sorry, OP.  I wish people wouldn't do that.

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

And it gets better.....

I sent the person I blocked an email telling them I had reviewed my blocks and I couldnt figure out why they had a problem, and did they figure it out on their end?

They replied, yes they did and already paid.....

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 10 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

My advice is too late then. I would have tripled the price.  

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

Ship it.

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

Of course - if you HAD blocked this buyer and they circumvented your block - I think you could whine to EBay - however, since they have BOUGHT IT - and you feel a little weery - if it is a higher priced item you don't want to hear got lost - I would add a signature confirmation on it so the BUYER has to sign to get it.  Yes, it is a bit more, but if you send it first class - it will not come with insurance - in case it gets....hmmm...lost or damaged - or you could just let Karma go where it will - if it is meant to get there safely it will - if you did something similar in your past to another - you'll soon experience the outcome.

If they paid - just send it.

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

The buyer must have wanted your item very badly. Using excuses as "I don't have a job" sound desperate to me.

I would just ship the item.

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

What would you do?

Its not a higher price item. $25.00 plus shipping. Buyer also lives about 30 miles from me.

If I cancel due to bad address, no feedback. If I ship it and buyer is upset that I wouldnt cut them a deal, dont you think they can take it out on feedback?

Ahh the stuff I hate about selling here.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 15 of 48
latest reply