cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be the one, most crucial thing you would ask Bob Kupbens?

I've been reading the questions for Bob Kupbens thread.  There are a LOT of very good questions there.  Voting will determine which questions Mr. Kupbens will answer.

So this is much more basic.  No offense to the many great questions there, but many are very specific to certain situations. 

If you could only ask ONE question, what would you say is THE most important question that he should be asked?

What is the biggest and most important concern that you face, worry about, or ponder?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Why does eBay, an American company allow so much abuse of the site by Chinese sellers?  They are not being held to the same standard as US and Canada based sellers while selling on the USA site.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 67
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories

What question would YOU ask?

Message 3 of 67
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

Why does eBay, an American company allow so much abuse of the site by Chinese sellers?  They are not being held to the same standard as US and Canada based sellers while selling on the USA site.

I agree; there does seem to be this endless fascination with China on the part of eBay. Unfortunately I think Bob could probably natter on for ages on this topic, and at the end, nothing would change and we'd be no better off than when we started.

China does not have our (U.S.) best interests at heart, as well as having a long history of counterfeiting, copyright or patent violations and generally cheap/junk production, so why eBay executives at the Golden Parachute level are so determined to keep on doing business with China despite their abuse of the site is something one can wonder about.

Message 4 of 67
latest reply

I think the answer to the China question is obvious: It's the path to the greatest profits for eBay itself, at least in the short run, which is what managers of publicly-traded companies are expected to do.

Message 5 of 67
latest reply

In Australia, eBay Customer Support is almost non-existent and no matter how I try to seek support for unfounded accusations and Violation Charges that I would like to redress and send supporting documents and receipts for to vindicate these unfounded accusations, the email address goalposts for sending correspondence to keeps shifting or I would be on a chat and eBay party would just hung up if they find the question too unintelligible perhaps. Never ever had any successful response to questions asked, EVER. It is always a game of AVOIDANCE for these staff who we pay with our sweat and tears trying to work harder with every changes eBay institutes. Small sellers are nothing and worthless to eBay it seems as I am reading painful blogs of people whose accounts have just been closed permanently after years of trading. I am on the brink of the same fate if eBay persists on their "GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT" stance of not giving sellers on their trading platform the ability to defend themselves. Wish fervently Mr Bob Kupbens would pay attention to the life changing woes of a small fry like me.

Yoda1204
Message 6 of 67
latest reply

Bob,

Will ebay ever answer questions in a clear, human straightforward manner or continue with the two-decade old scripted disingenuous zero-sum corporate psychobabble?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 67
latest reply

Has anyone noticed all the declined questions in that thread? A lot of them are REALLY good ones that need and deserve some answers.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 67
latest reply

eBay opened that China door even wider when they encouraged them to do Repro Vintage. It is now all over the site for "vintage" faux fur coats among other Repros that are not vintage anything. New knockoffs. Wondering if anyone can complain that those listings are Not Authentic? 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 9 of 67
latest reply

I agree 110%
Message 10 of 67
latest reply

Whatever the questions are, you can rest assured that they have been screened, filtered and watered down to the point that each question will only make him look good, concerned about the future of ebay and caring. Just like their community meetings and outreach programs, nothing but smoke.

Message 11 of 67
latest reply

Well, Every personal experience is different for each seller (Or buyer)

Since the items I sell are vintage and not especially valuable these items are not copied by anybody, as yet.

So under those circumstances, the Chinese thing really does not affect me other than sorting thru all the listings when shopping outside the stamp category.

I'd ask him why is is it so hard to get EBAY to consider a store level between Premium and anchor?
Message 12 of 67
latest reply

@arun7500 wrote:

Whatever the questions are, you can rest assured that they have been screened, filtered and watered down to the point that each question will only make him look good, concerned about the future of ebay and caring. Just like their community meetings and outreach programs, nothing but smoke.

If I remember right, in his last appearance, he went into long rambling dissertations on the first couple of questions, then had to sprint through the remainder in order to finish on time. The host did nothing to keep him on track or ask obvious followup questions, instead simply mugging for the camera and letting him wander.

Hopefully they will keep things a little more focused this time (for example, in a one-hour video covering 10 questions, you have 6 minutes for each, so stay focused, watch the clock, and that's all that's required), although I'm not sure that they really have much incentive to do so. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 67
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@castlemagicmemories

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@castlemagicmemories

I don't know.

Message 14 of 67
latest reply

Well, if I were looking for a clear and succinct answer, I would ask him what the weather was like, where he was, right then.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 15 of 67
latest reply