cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Good Till Cancelled?

I've been off from Ebay for a while and I've noticed several posts on the boards with regards to

"Good till cancelled".

It must have been a new-ish policy or if it was implemented before,  I wasn't aware of it.  Gone through the site map but I couldn't find it.  

Can someone please share the link, if you have it?  Or to briefly give an idea on what it is all about?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It means the listing stays up till it's sold or you cancel
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Does it mean, the item keeps on relisting itself?
Previously, when an item doesn't sell, it remains unsold and becomes active again only when the seller relist.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@citrine146 wrote:
Previously, when an item doesn't sell, it remains unsold and becomes active again only when the seller relist.

Yes, it keeps relisting itself every 30 days.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@citrine146 wrote:

Yes, it keeps relisting itself every 30 days.

And of course every 30 days a new insertion fee.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

This may help.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-early/index.html#m17-4-tb2

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

GTC allows eBay to renew your listings automatically every 30 days (you pay the listing fee) UNLESS you end the listing before that time frame. It also eliminated the shorter BIN listing duration's so you can only do 30 day buy it now listings. If you want to do shorter listing periods you will need to use the auctions, but beware I have tried to use the auctions and haven't been impressed too may non-payers and folks reneging on their bids.

Good luck eBay has made some serious changes recently and depending on what you are selling you may find it more difficult than the last time you were selling here.

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank very much for the link.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

As many posters here concerned over the listing fees regarding their listings have said.  They work within the allotment of free listings they get each month.  So if a seller does that, then there won't be any new fees when the listings renew.  

For those sellers that prefer to rotate their stock, that is where it can be a bit tricky to learn how to work within the new GTC rule and stay under the amount of free listings are available to the seller each month.

Each seller has to find or figure out what will work best for them with this new rule.  It can be extremely difficult to find what will work best.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 9
latest reply