cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to automatic renew??

I haven't posted anything on this dumpster fire of a website in a few year... I used to HAVE to make sure my posts would renew automatically to stay up or they would need to be manually reposed and the cost of posting would accumulate... the way around it WAS to check a box to keep the items reposting. **bleep** happened to that? WHY do they change this **bleep** every couple of months?????

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

They have implemented automatic renewals (default) for some time now. You don't have to worry about relisting......(Buy It Now)...are your items NOT relisting?

If you want to end, you simply "End the Listing" from your list of options for each item.

Auctions are a bit different...I believe it is optional for automatic renewals....

What is a dumpster fire?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you truly haven't posted anything here in few years, as you say, then there are a ton of changes that you will need to figure out before you start listing again.  Are you signed up for managed payments?

Also, why would you expect no changes over years?  That is not realistic at all.  All online have changed dramatically the last few years.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

All fixed price listings are now in the format that used to be called "Good until canceled."  None of your listings are in auction format; they are all in fixed price format, which means that they will automatically renew every month on the same date that they began.  This change was implemented about 5 years ago; as noted in the other post, you have a lot to catch up on.  Each time a fixed price listing rolls over, it will use up one of your 250 free monthly insertions if available; otherwise, you'll be charged an insertion fee.

For instance, a fixed price listing that you set up today (February 21) will automatically roll over on March 21, April 21, May 21, etc. until it is Sold or you end the listing.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply