cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH Ebay??

Ebay, WTH?  First you change from paying and receiving money through Paypal, so now we have to wait for you knotheads to take your cut before we get paid....And now I have to wait to the buyer receives the item they bought before you release my payment...Stop screwing with this website, you're pissing people off.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

WTH Ebay??

Its been like this for a while and us sellers went through it and we are still selling on eBay.

If you didn't sell anything for 30 days there will be a hold on your funds(sales) for 30+ days.

But you need to mail out the item(s) before the date it states to mail it out. It does mean using your own money to mail item out.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

Since you are considered a new or infrequent seller eBay will hold your payout for up to 30 days to ensure the transaction goes smoothly, no refunds. 
Once that is done your funds will be released to you. 
We've all gone through it. 
Payout holds 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

It only happens for the first few items (at least that's what happened to me). And, it seems like you only have to wait until the item is delivered (which was my experience too). I've heard that some sellers have to wait 30 days, regardless of the fact that the buyer may have received the item in just 2 days. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

This transitioned some years ago.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Its been like this for a while and us sellers went through it and we are still selling on eBay.

If you didn't sell anything for 30 days there will be a hold on your funds(sales) for 30+ days.

But you need to mail out the item(s) before the date it states to mail it out. It does mean using your own money to mail item out.

Are you trying to scare new sellers away from ebay?

I've taken breaks from selling for more than 30 days on numerous occasions. Never had any holds placed after returning from a simple 30 day time away. 

Sellers don't need to use their own money for shipping. Simply select "pay with pending funds" when purchasing shipping label.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

@62bluetbrd ,

They are not pissing me or most sellers off. I sell stuff every single day and get a deposit into my Wells Fargo checking account every business day of the week. 

Unfortunately, with all of the internet fraud recently. eBay and PayPal will hold funds from new sellers and returning sellers on this or other platforms.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

I go for the default Tuesday payout. I like the feeling of getting a "paycheque".

When I opened a new selling account, my seventh, some years ago, my payments were Held.

A phone call on Day 31, not only released the payment, but also raised my allocation of listings from 10 to 40K!

And that was in the Paypal days, so the Holds are nothing new.

EBay now takes their fees from each sale as it is paid. A result of this new transparency is that some sellers are learning that they are losing money by selling, a fact that was obscured by charges from both PP and eBay which came in at different times.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

@62bluetbrd wrote:

Ebay, WTH?  First you change from paying and receiving money through Paypal, so now we have to wait for you knotheads to take your cut before we get paid....And now I have to wait to the buyer receives the item they bought before you release my payment...Stop screwing with this website, you're pissing people off.

PayPal took their fees before giving us the balance of the money too, so why is it different because Ebay does that.  All the sites that do their money processing do this.  What is the issue?

As to your money being held.  That will go away once you get enough current transactions under your belt.  Ebay is holding your funds due to you being a return seller after a long time away from selling.  So this is a short term problem for you.

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

It's 90 days, not 30.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@62bluetbrd ,

They are not pissing me or most sellers off. I sell stuff every single day and get a deposit into my Wells Fargo checking account every business day of the week. 

Unfortunately, with all of the internet fraud recently. eBay and PayPal will hold funds from new sellers and returning sellers on this or other platforms.

Ebay has done it for years, even when PayPal was our money processor.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

We close down numerous times in a year. Three years ago we were traveling and shut down for  over 6 months, last year we shut down 3 months and numerous shorter times when traveling. Currently we are closed until the end of March and will shut down again for shorter time frames. We are on weekly payouts and have never been on hold. eBay must be utilizing more information about sellers to determine when they will or not receive payout. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

WTH Ebay??

@dnasilver wrote:

We close down numerous times in a year. Three years ago we were traveling and shut down for  over 6 months, last year we shut down 3 months and numerous shorter times when traveling. Currently we are closed until the end of March and will shut down again for shorter time frames. We are on weekly payouts and have never been on hold. eBay must be utilizing more information about sellers to determine when they will or not receive payout. 

90 days away is usually the key to getting the hold put on.  However with your history, it could be that Ebay sees the consistency in what you do, year after year.  And that may be keeping you for having the hold.  To me that sounds reasonable.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply