cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL EBAY GET THIS RIGHT?

I have been in the past tagged & bagged for late shipments on Monday federal holidays. UPS & FED EX ARE DIFFERENT but the PO is closed on a few Mondays.

Last year I got whacked for a late shipment on a federal Monday holiday even though the PO was closed. I called, explained, didn't matter. of course it may have if the rep wasn't in another country with no clue of holiday closings

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

This is why its bad idea to offer 1 day handling. ebay put me below standard once over it, despite every order being shipped on time, and its whole reason I wont do it again. I try and stick to 3 day handling, even though I generally ship most orders within less than 24 orders.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What is the ship by date in sellers hub?  If it is today then yes, you may get dinged. If it is tomorrow there shouldn’t be a problem.   If it is today you may want to buy your label today day.  That way you know that you won’t be penalized on your ‘tracking uploaded within handling time’   That is tougher to get fixed than a late shipment ding.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

No one gets whacked for one late shipment.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@buytodayshipnextday 

Are you aware that "tagged and bagged" does not mean what you seem to believe it means?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@buytodayshipnextday wrote:

Last year I got whacked for a late shipment on a federal Monday holiday even though the PO was closed

Can you define "tagged", "bagged" and "whacked"? What were the consequences to you? 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

@buytodayshipnextday 

Are you aware that "tagged and bagged" does not mean what you seem to believe it means?

I wondered about that, too. 😒

At any rate, eBay seems to be notorious for not being able to figure out federal holidays - but if it's just once in a while, it won't hurt your metrics.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

@buytodayshipnextday 

Good point.  Well unless you are shipping bodies, then it would be correct.  😀

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You will likely be fine, but check your Seller Hub and look at your orders.  It will tell you there when they expect you to ship by.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 9
latest reply