cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY cant Buyers request invoices for combined shipping with multiple accepted offers

If buyer accepts multiple items from me as seller. They are bueing FORCED to pay for each without being able to request invoice for combined shipping OR they are being forced to pay for each in full with full shipping on each items when my terms and shipping options clearly show $5 for first item and $1 each additional  so if someone accepts 20 items they are being charged 100$ in shipping plus cost of items when i clearly combine shipping

the problem with this is one  buyers might not have budget to give you 76 extra dollar in shipping to get it refunded

the next problem is ebay is forcing them to pay for each one one by one...so now as seller if buyer is okay with giving $100 upfront to get refund shipping and they can afford to do so...then i have to g into 19 individual items and refund $4 on each of the 19 of 20 items   

Book keeping night mare

lot extra work on my part 

extra work on buyers part

buyer has to trust seller with a lot more money IF they have it assuming they dont they they back off purchase...loss of sale then

plus tons of EXTRA communication with buyer right at the beginning of the sale thats unecessary

THIS IS CRAZT to think this change to invoices helps prevent people from buying and not paying. 

maybe ebay needs to look at my sales today....cause they are not preventing people from creating profiles that seem to be scamming  cause buyer today names is MEOWKITTY  not thier id   their name on shipping label  

If this problem is not addressed  im leaving ebay after 23 yrs as my primary point of sales and taking a majority of my sales elsewhere

i have 20,000 more items to list but i wont ..not with the aggravation im  dealing with only having 5000 items listed.  in fact if not fixed and back to way it use to work  ill be closing ton of listings and dropping store down a level and then go month to month no more subscription either and ill never refer another person to ebay after that  ive already stopped because of the problems this past year and half already

I hope a shareholder reads this board cause youre losing sales and good loyal outstanding sellers cause of it and youre about to lose me too

this is causing nothing but unnecessary aggravation and time and sales are walking away cause of it too 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

WHY cant Buyers request invoices for combined shipping with multiple accepted offers

Do you have immediate payment required? That would cause the issue.

Also, I don't think the mobile app allows an invoice request, although I'm not entirely sure about that. 

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Payment information started being required from buyers when they made an offer, rather than after it was accepted, on a test basis a while ago and has now rolled out to most if not all users.  There is a setting in your Selling Preferences to not require that, but in our case, it doesn't seem to work most of the time (i.e., customers are still telling us that they have to put in payment information to make an offer, even though we turned that setting off and confirmed it was still off).

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

I have the same problem.

Some buyers can and some buyers cannot send total for a shipping cost.

I am thinking...it might be because of buyers using an iPhone for a cell phone or purchases...and the eBay app on the iPhone or cell phone doesn't allow it.

We have to realize we are lucky buyers can make purchases away from their computers.

I even have done bidding on my iPhone.

I do hate refunding for shipping and it comes out of my "available funds".

And I really hate when I get charge .30 for each payment made when someone buys like 4 items and can't combine them. 

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps 

I like your theory. I have had the problem too, and I would bet the buyer who had the problem is buying on an iphone.

I refunded and all was well.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

I agree....everyone saying to do this and that with shipping really is confusing sellers.

I hate refunding because I usually end up in the negative once a week of "available funds".

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I have a lot of repeat buyers. They are asking me the same question. I have the immediate payment setting turned off. Perhaps we will get it in some of the updates in the next decade.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

IPR is NOT turned on when this happens.  It's VERY frustrating, as the whole reason I don't have IPR on is to allow a buyer of multiple items to pay altogether.   I also send a ton of offers & it drives me nuts & the buyers too! 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Yes, forcing immediate payment on buyers causes this headache you speak of.  Too bad eBay can't allow buyers a few days to pay and create a button such as a 'Yes, I want to buy more items from this seller with combined shipping" or a "No, I'm done and want to pay now." but I doubt eBay will start this feature. 

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Same here!  I can see all of us who responded sell collectibles where our regular buyers purchase multiple items.   I am a stamp first day cover seller.   I get some 20 items eligible to  Send Offer daily.  Often several of them go to the same buyer.  Thus, I get 4 orders from that buyer, each one of those charging me a 30 cent... soo to be 40 cent... transaction fee.  And the buyers usually send me a message to refund the extra postage!    I've had folks buy 10 items one at a time and that sticks me with an additional $3 in fees, a profit for eBay so I guess they're not too motivated to fix it.

In my categories of postal history and first day covers, the top sellers allow people to amass purchases up to 3-4 weeks and pay at one time.  So I do the same.  That's how low cost items are handled.

This appears to be a change driven by the used sock sellers who demand to be paid in 4 days or they'll cancel the transaction and put buyer on their banned list!  I see them on message boards pleased about this change.    It's typical of eBay changes where eBay hasn't looked at the request broadly to see how it affects different markets and categories.    Change it back, or make it a preference!

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

They are bueing FORCED to pay for each without being able to request invoice for combined shipping OR they are being forced to pay for each in full with full shipping on each items when my terms and shipping options clearly show $5 for first item and $1 each additional  so if someone accepts 20 items they are being charged 100$ in shipping plus cost of items when i clearly combine shipping

@diecastcurator 

Actually, it appears to be a function of eBay's new initiative to cut down on unpaid items.  The fact that it interrupts combining items for one shipping price, and will be charging sellers the new "40 cent" fee on each transaction is apparently not a concern for eBay. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2024-Winter-Seller-Update/Reduce-unpaid-items-when-sending-offers-to-b...

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

And how does this do that when EBAY Customer Serivce told me 7 phone calls ago  the fix was chaning the account setting of require immediate payment to unchecked  cause its been checked for the last 15 yrs to my knowledge

This is ONE OF THE STUPIDEST THINGS THEY DONE  people are canceling orders and getting angry with me thinking its us sellers

We need to boycott them cause this doesnt do ANYThing for non payments  they need to crack down on malicious people and BAN accounts when we report them instead of slapping their hands and letting them continue to harass and run up bills and not pay them but this only cause a ton of extra work and aggravation for us sellers

DO shareholders know people are taking business elsewhere cause of this.....guess its time I stop using ebay as primary selling platform  cause this has been a 6 month headache and im tired of kissing RUDE peoples rear ends cause of something ebay did

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

nope that didnt fix  ebay suggested that too

but thank you

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

IPR ?  I have uncheck immediate payment over month and half ago  still a problem with buyers

but thank you

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

time to sell elsewhere if this is ebays answer to non paying bids.....making sellers life miserable with the buyers they have that do want to pay.....another genius idea ebay and this one might be the last one for me

Message 15 of 26
latest reply