cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Pricing Options

A couple of questions for those with experience using volume pricing.

1. The options are x discount for buy 2, x discount for buy 3 and x discount for buy 4 or more. It has to be an increase for each selection. If you only enter a discount for buying 2 (as I've shown in my picture in the next post), what happens if they buy 3 or more? Do they get the 10% discount for all 3 or however many they buy?

2. If you have several different listings with discounts like this, what if they buy 1 from the other listing, will that be included in the discount if they buy 1 or more of this listing?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Volume Pricing Options

Example about previous post:

Screenshot 2024-04-30 10.08.25 AM.png

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Volume Pricing Options

The volume pricing is by item. They will only get that discount if they buy multiples of the same item. Items do not combine for volume discount. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Volume Pricing Options

@candd205 wrote:

A couple of questions for those with experience using volume pricing.

1. The options are x discount for buy 2, x discount for buy 3 and x discount for buy 4 or more. It has to be an increase for each selection. If you only enter a discount for buying 2 (as I've shown in my picture in the next post), what happens if they buy 3 or more? Do they get the 10% discount for all 3 or however many they buy?

Yes, the discount you set will be for that many or more.  So if you only set a discount of 10% off 2 items, if they buy more than two, they'll get the discount on all of them. It just won't scale up and give a bigger discount because you removed that option.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Volume Pricing Options

1. The 10% discount will apply when they purchase 2 or infinity.

2. If you want a 10% on 2+ discount to apply across listings, instead of using volume pricing use an order discount promotion. Scratch that - I see you do not have a store subscription.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Volume Pricing Options

Thanks all for the info. I think I get it now.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Volume Pricing Options

You only want to give a discount if they buy 2, not if they buy 3 or 4?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Volume Pricing Options

No, the opposite, I want to make sure I select the right option to give the discount to how ever many they purchase.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Volume Pricing Options

I have several listings that ramp up the discount with the more you buy.  And I have had a few where I set 2 or more at a much higher discount.  Combining those items with a discount means I can actually save a bit.

Take my movie listing.  One is 10 bucks, with free shipping.  Which is absurd when most are sold at 5 or there about with free shipping, but the difference is I'm using GA not media snail mail.

Now.

Someone buys 4 movies, they only pay 5 bucks each, and still get them free shipping and with USPS GA.  But some buyers also seem to not grasp the concept of getting a nice discount when buying multiples.  I mean that right there is a 50% off price!  And I get to keep a bit more per movie as my net return, vs selling just one.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 9 of 9
latest reply