cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation mode

I have a store subscription but I cant locate how to set the vacation mode.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Vacation mode

To turn on your Store vacation settings:
Click the Messages tab in My eBay.
Select Change settings.
In the Store vacation settings section, select Turn ON.
If you'd like to hide your fixed price listings from eBay search results and Store pages and block buyers from buying the items in these listings while you're away, select Hide and block purchases from my fixed price listings. (This doesn't affect your auction-style listings.)
If you'd like buyers to see the date you'll be back and ready to ship items, select Display a return date, and enter the date in the box provided.
In the Message to display on your storefront section, edit the default text displayed in the textbox if you'd like to customize it.
Click Apply.

Judy Harper
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Vacation mode

Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Vacation mode

@jakeyboytoy

Just so you are aware vacation settings alone don't protect your on time shipping
You need to hide all your fixed price & cancel an auctions.

Many sellers think that by placing the store on vacation you don't need to stand by your handling time.
don't make that mistake , way to many sellers come to the boards upset about the hit they take on the sellers dashboard because of vacation .

Have a great time

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Vacation mode

Do what I do. Shut your store down when you go on vacation. I have been burned on vacation setting before. If you have a small business like I do, where you the CEO, IT Person, Ad writer, and shipping dept, shut down till you come back from vacation!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Vacation mode

Thank you for your reply. I will hide my listings as well as set the vacation mode. I'm only gone for 3 days but I dont want any late shipping. Its been so long since I used vacation mode, I just couldnt find it. The board has been very helpful.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Vacation mode

I don't have a "store" per se. I have listed between 80-90 items. When I go on vacation, how do I shut down?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Vacation mode

@woodsys wrote:

I don't have a "store" per se. I have listed between 80-90 items. When I go on vacation, how do I shut down?

@woodsys Vacation mode is only available to store owners.  For you, you will have to either end your listings -- or -- extend the shipping time to however long you need (ie: 5 days, 10 days).  If you choose to just extend your handling time I would be sure to write to the buyer after a purchase while you are on vacation and let them you are away  and be sure they understood you have extended handling time.  Have fun!

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Vacation mode

Sounds good. Thanks for advice. I'm sorta a newbie, only been selling for 9 months or so.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply