cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Learned behavior & CGPT

Im wondering whether EBay has started learning models based on users and their repeatability with Title, Category , Price , shipping etc .

I’m ….

not so much interested in description writing , that to me is human, what I’m looking forward is a “EBay Whisperer” so to speak that could guide, do a quick search on a title to see penetration , same thing with category  given an algorithm for popular searches thus Python analytics etc.

Another example is pricing to accommodate eBay charges . I think seamless analytics I listings is way over do !

i have been a fan of eBay podcast but I think a spin off would be highly accepted where these matters come up for expediting the listing process and sales yield so to speak, perhaps even in somewhat technical terms.
I think that eBay and the goal of increasing GMV. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The Wish List features sellers may desire, such as learning models, can take years to be added or may never be added.

Let me offer some helpful hints for composing listing titles.
1. Never put your seller ID into the listing title. That wastes precious characters.
2. Utilize more of the 80 available characters to add more detail to get buyers to click on your listing.

Framed CrossStitch Bear Sunahmie
Wood Framed CrossStitch Bear and Rabbit with Bowtie, 5x3.5 inches

LP Yes Fragile SUNAHMIE
Yes Fragile 33-1/3 LP Album with Cover and Original Sleeve 1972 Atlantic SD 19132

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

eBay is already committed to ChatGPT, examples of which can be seen in the description builder, as has been posted in one of eBay's press releases. The fact that Large Language Model learning is accelerating exponentially could lead to a rapid increase in the utilization of LLM in other areas of eBay, including relevance in search and listing suggestions. I would assume that eBay has already committed to feeding their own data base into a customization of their own LLM, as it would be almost reckless to not do so.  Could eBay use this system to improve seller recommendations on pricing? Math is slightly different than language, but I'm sure it could be worked out.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply