cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid item

I have an unpaid item case that has been open with eBay for over a week. Any idea as to how long it will take them to get back with me about my options? Any way for me to follow up with eBay to see where we are with the case? Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Unpaid item

@triplessales wrote:

I have an unpaid item case that has been open with eBay for over a week. Any idea as to how long it will take them to get back with me about my options? Any way for me to follow up with eBay to see where we are with the case? Thanks.

Call ebay and ask that they close it in your favor while you remain on the phone.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Unpaid item

You can open a case in 48 hrs and close it 96 hrs later.

You get your fees back and buyer gets a strike.

Emerald is right, you can call.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Unpaid item

Any way for me to follow up with eBay to see where we are with the case?

Go to the resolution center, find the case and close it.

Calling eBay is a waste of time for something you can do yourself with a couple of clicks.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Unpaid item

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Can you please tell me if that is 96 hours from the time the item was bought? Or 96 hours after we open a case? Thanks

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Unpaid item

@holycowsincanada2011 wrote:

Can you please tell me if that is 96 hours from the time the item was bought? Or 96 hours after we open a case? Thanks

96 hours after you open the case.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Unpaid item

@holycowsincanada2011 wrote:

96 hrs after you open the case.  Remember it is on Ebay (CA) time and it will not let you close it until it is EXACTLY 96 hrs later.  So check to see the time you opened it and then close it at the exact same time 96 hrs later.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Unpaid item

Hi, you might find the info in this link helpful. 

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item.html

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Unpaid item

The best thing to do is to keep up with that stuff. Open at 48 hours, and close as soon as the clock runs up on them. The more strikes they get, the harder it is for them to do this to people who have their blocks set properly

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Unpaid item

And put them on your bugger list too so they don't come back later

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Unpaid item

If the case has been opened for 96 hours and no payment has been forthcoming, close it and give the buyer a strike.  Don't forget to put them on your BBL.

Of course, if you're the buyer in this case your options are:

1)  Pay what you owe before the UID is closed.

2)  Do not pay and take a strike.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Unpaid item

@triplessales wrote:

When you file an unpaid item claim, eBay sends the buyer a message that strongly encourages them to pay for their item.  That's all eBay does.  They are not going to get back to you.

If the buyer doesn't pay within 4 full days (96 hours) after  you filed the claim, you'll get the option to give them an unpaid item strike.  This closes out the claim, blocks them from paying, gets you a credit for the final value fee, and (theoretically at least) blocks both of you from leaving feedback.  

Since you filed a week ago, that option should be available to you right now.  The option is right there in the resolution center; there's no need to waste time calling eBay.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply