cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Revise but eBay Wants to Create New Listing

I have two listings that didn't sell and were automatically relisted yesterday.

Like the subject says, after these items were relisted I went in to revise the pricing as I have dozens of times before. Instead confirming the new price and reposting, however, eBay instead opens a new window (as shown in the attachment) to create an entirely new listing, with none of the information or pics already in the existing post carried over. Neither item has any bids on it (why else would I be trying to lower the price...)

This is a significant inconvenience, and major usability hassle! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rob_finlad wrote:

Like the subject says, after these items were relisted I went in to revise the pricing as I have dozens of times before. Instead confirming the new price and reposting, however, eBay instead opens a new window (as shown in the attachment) to create an entirely new listing, with none of the information or pics already in the existing post carried over. Neither item has any bids on it (why else would I be trying to lower the price...)

There are a few different paths to get in and revise an active listing.  As a workaround to this glitch, try a different path.  

Open the item page and click Revise

Open the Seller Hub and use pulldown menu next to active listing to Revise

Seller Hub check the box next to item and find Revise in the header.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@rob_finlad wrote:

There are a few different paths to get in and revise an active listing.  As a workaround to this glitch, try a different path.  

Open the item page and click Revise

Open the Seller Hub and use pulldown menu next to active listing to Revise

Seller Hub check the box next to item and find Revise in the header.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you very much! I'd already tried your first two suggestions without success, but checking the items in the Seller Hub and then hitting "Edit" allowed me to make the changes. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I am having this same problem too. None of the mentioned workarounds have worked.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply