cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking says package damaged/stolen but eBay hasn't stepped in to refund?

Hi, so i opened a item hasn't arrived case on an order after the last day is was supposed to deliver. The tracking on the item clearly states that it was damaged/stolen. The seller even mentions that ups stole it in their response. But even after waiting a few more days so i can ask ebay step in, they extended the case another 10 days citing seller provided tracking that shows its on the way and will be delivered soon (it clearly doesn't state that).

Is there anything i can do to expedite the refund or am I at the mercy of eBay and seller

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sorry i meant to post in buying section. Not sure how to move it 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You said "they".  I'm assuming you got an official message from eBay correct?

If the seller did provide tracking information to eBay, it may be they shipped a replacement?

Have you communicated with the seller and asked for the updated tracking number?

Not sure why they extended it 10 days, that seems odd to me for some reason.  Most packages at least in the US don't take that long to ship from one side of the country to the other even.  Is this an international shipment?

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Have to sit tight for the 10 days to pass.   They do extend the time if they think it's on it's way. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@lil-vic wrote:

Hi, so i opened a item hasn't arrived case on an order after the last day is was supposed to deliver. The tracking on the item clearly states that it was damaged/stolen. The seller even mentions that ups stole it in their response. But even after waiting a few more days so i can ask ebay step in, they extended the case another 10 days citing seller provided tracking that shows its on the way and will be delivered soon (it clearly doesn't state that).

Is there anything i can do to expedite the refund or am I at the mercy of eBay and seller

@lil-vic 

Are you the seller or the buyer? It looks like a similar case has been filed against you by a buyer. 

Is this a claim that the buyer filed for the Nike shoes for which they left feedback? 

If the buyer has escalated the claim asking ebay to step in, you need to issue that refund. Although tracking may have shown movement, if it stopped or if (as you claim), there's a loss comment on the tracking, you do NOT want ebay to issue the buyer's refund. You'll lose the case, lose your FVF credit and get a huge ding on your account for not handling it yourself. 

Please post the tracking number so we can see what it says. (I've never seen tracking that states "damage/stolen." 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@lil-vic wrote:

But even after waiting a few more days so i can ask ebay step in, they extended the case another 10 days citing seller provided tracking that shows its on the way and will be delivered soon (it clearly doesn't state that).

The extension is not being made by a human but by a software program.  Simply, if the software notices that the tracking is updating with any information, then it will extend the time to get delivered, as it presumes it is merely stuck in the delivery system.

@lil-vic wrote:

Nope.  Just got to twiddle your fingers and wait.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

No I'm the buyer, just posted in the wrong section. But for that item, those shoes are still in transit.  According to tracking it was delayed midway due to a barcode issue and they had to reprint the label. I Didn't think it was fair he left negative feedback already but I'm not too worried about that one. i have confidence it gets to him once fedex sorts it out.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@lil-vic 

Please post the tracking number so we can see what it says. (I've never seen tracking that states "damage/stolen." 

@lil-vic wrote:

No I'm the buyer, just posted in the wrong section. But for that item, those shoes are still in transit.  According to tracking it was delayed midway due to a barcode issue and they had to reprint the label. I Didn't think it was fair he left negative feedback already but I'm not too worried about that one. i have confidence it gets to him once fedex sorts it out.

Okay, but I'll ask again since you didn't respond to part of my post. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I never seen it eitherScreenshot_20240509-124732.png

Message 9 of 9
latest reply