cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking cost of parcels from New Zealand to worldwide

The cost of sending small parcels form New zealand to any country by standard Air costs US$12.

To send the same parcels with a tracking number (courier) by air costs $45.

There is no surface mail from NZ anymore,  only the  Air option is available

New Zealand Post do not have "registered mail' option but  only international courier, which costs as mentioned US$45.

Having to charge cutomers about 50% more for their purchase , just to cover  the courier costs seems outrages to me.

Lately I have had 2 parcels gone missing, I refunded the customers, as I am not able to produce a valid tracking number. The average sales value of the items i sell is US$75

Is there anyone in a similar situation? If so are there cheaper ways to get tracking from NZ?

Any comments are welcome

Thank you for reading.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I don't have any other options for you.  You might try an internet search.

I do know that there are those who will file a claim for an item not received if you send without tracking.  You have had several of those; they cost you money.

It is very kind and thoughtful of you to be concerned for what the buyers pay, but your first obligation is to protect yourself against spurious claims that will drain your funds.  At $75.00 each, we are talking about a significant amount of money.

You can roll the cost of tracking into the item price if you don't want your shipping to reflect it, but putting it in the shipping is probably a better idea so it reflects what it truly costs.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I don't have any other options for you.  You might try an internet search.

I do know that there are those who will file a claim for an item not received if you send without tracking.  You have had several of those; they cost you money.

It is very kind and thoughtful of you to be concerned for what the buyers pay, but your first obligation is to protect yourself against spurious claims that will drain your funds.  At $75.00 each, we are talking about a significant amount of money.

You can roll the cost of tracking into the item price if you don't want your shipping to reflect it, but putting it in the shipping is probably a better idea so it reflects what it truly costs.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for your well thought out reply.
You're right, I will add the tracking costs to the goods.

Many thanks
Message 3 of 3
latest reply