cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Shows Delivered but Buyers Says They Didn't Receive

I know I'm covered since tracking shows delivered and signed for.

This buyer contacted me yesterday stating they received 3 of the 4 packages and to send them the post "ASAP".

I checked the tracking since the post some times gets delivered a day or two later since it's a tube and not a box (for some reason it gets separated from the other packages).

Well, all 4 packages show delivered Sept 19th and signed for.

I responded and let them know that tracking shows all packages were delivered on Sept 19th and signed for.

I also let them know that the post is in a long tube so they know what type of package they are looking for and to check with neighbors.

I've done this in the past and the buyer responds back with a thank you, they found it.

This buyer responded back that they did not have and to forward a post "without delay".

Now, should I respond to them again and let them know tracking shows they already received and signed for it or just let it lay? 

This is a new -0- feedback buyer so I don't want them to think they are being taken advantage of and quit using eBay, but there is nothing I am responsible for as it shows delivered and signed for.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Let it lay like a sleeping dog.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

ignore! 

That was risky of you shipping 4 items to a zero-feedback buyer. You did great shipping with signature required on all packages. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I ship to -0- or low feedback buyers all the time and have for many many years and have never had a problem.

I deal with dentist who are usually nice professionals, so most have never been a problem.

I sell mainly high dollar items, so I always have signature required.

I will let it lay for a while and see how it goes.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Tell them to check the waiting room for the tube.  That's where stuff usually gets overlooked at the dentist.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Some buyers will say item not received...and some sellers will just send a refund "just like that"...without even a claim opened. Sellers tend to send positive feedback before item has even been delivered.

I say let it go and see what the buyer does. But it sounds like it's not over yet. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Well, the buyer opened a case this weekend stating item not received.

I posted tracking number in the case and also contacted the buyer since they also messaged me.

I gave them all four tracking numbers and stated what product went with each tracking number so they can track them all and see for themselves.

I also had contacted our FedEx rep to have him look into it, just to be on the safe side.

Haven't heard back from FedEx yet, but there's really not a lot I can do accept sent them another post.

I'm not going to do that since the missing part is $300 and all show delivered and signed for.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

At this point I would suggest you to wait on eBay to close the item not received case on these.  If tracking shows it was delivered they will close it in your favor.  I wouldn't talk to the buyer anymore.  You have done more than is required already

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

My suggestion is to stop communicating with the buyer. 

You've responded to the INR case, which will close in your favor (as will a future chargeback should the buyer file) and you've done your part. 

Oh, any be sure to block the buyer.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

How long does it take for a INR case to close?

I entered the tracking number in the case over two weeks ago, but the case hasn't closed yet.

Do I need to ask eBay to step in? I hate doing that since it usually goes sideways when a seller does that.

I haven't heard from the buyer either since they opened the case can I gave them all four tracking numbers showing delivered and signed for.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Never, ever feed the trolls.  I see you've sold before and you properly have a good sense of legitimacy.  My Zero Feedback radar is also finely tuned, as is my **bleep** meter.  Anyone trying to demand or intimidate is illegitimate 99% of the time.  Be cordial, polite and cover yourself just as necessary.  There are a ton of hostile real people, but demands like you state are seeking defensiveness.  I often delete.  If legit, they'll file a complaint, but I'm always protected (tracking, photos, packaged photos)...knock yourselves out, tough guys...

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Here's the kicker. They still count towards your INR metrics (go check in your dashboard). So the genius who wrote the code forgot to de-factor these.  This can reduce your selling limits without notice over time. 

1. Sale happens

2. You ship using eBay label and on time. 

3. Tracking shows delivered but buyer still opens an INR

4. Ebay freezes your funds for 3-5 days (also idiotic), till you escalate and win the case. 

5. Still counts against you (supremely idiotic) in your INR metrics. 

Write better code eBay! Just horrible and/or lazy product management and coding. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply