cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Number spoof- does Ebay care about its sellers?

Tracking Number Spoof Does Ebay Protect the Sellers?

To the Ebay Selling Community,

I have been a member and seller on Ebay since July 2001.  I have over 4800 sales and 99+% positive feedback.

I sold a collectible vintage item in January 2021 for over $750.  Within a few days of delivery the buyer requested a refund.  I accepted and waited for the item to come back.  After several weeks of checking to see if it had been shipped , I was informed by Ebay that they had refunded the buyer and taken the funds from my bank account.

I had not received the item and when checking with the Postmaster , using the tracking number Ebay said the customer provided, I found it was for a package to a local pharmacy not to me

I contacted customer service, sent a certified letter to Jamie Iannone, CEO of Ebay with no reponse.

I feel that I have been victimized twice, first by a fraudulent buyer, and second by Ebay.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Faye, I have had a similar experience as a buyer. I obtained from the post office  a copy of the mailing label shows the tracking number I received was assigned to a parcel address to another person at another address.   I made a claim for refund under ebay's money back guaranty but my claim was denied. I appealed the decision after my postman told me the package with the tracking number I received was NOT delivered to me at my address.I The appeal was denied. Subsequently, I obtained a copy of the label showing the tracking number I received had been attached to a parcel that did not originate for seller and was not delivered to me.   I am waiting on ebay to respond to this new evidence but it has been 6 days since I sent this information and not yet received any response from ebay.   Were you ever able to obtain relief from ebay or any other source? 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply